Not able to log in - account deactivated

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Not able to log in - account deactivated

Postby tunatomatoe » Thu May 09, 2019 11:13 pm

Hi,
Sorry to post it here, but I can not find anywhere on the website a link to contact administrators. I tried to login with my original account, but it said that my account was deactivated by an administrator. I don't know why, but I would like my account to be reinstated. Now I had to create a new account only to be able to be heard. The MakeHuman Facebook page doesn't allow either to contact someone about this. Who can help?
Best regards,
Sven
tunatomatoe

Re: Not able to log in - account deactivated

Postby loki1950 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:56 am

Welcome back not sure who did the deactivation but sometimes members who have not posted do get shuffled to the bottom of the deck :shock: then their is the daily spam attempts which you may also have been mistaken for.As for your old account if it was deleted as apposed to just deactivated then it is no longer in our data base.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby tunatomatoe » Fri May 10, 2019 6:06 am

Thanks for your kind reply. I couldn’t use my email address again, as it said that it was already registered. That makes me believe my account has not been deleted.

An I correct in understanding that there are no contact details to reach administrators when you have trouble logging in?
tunatomatoe

Postby joepal » Fri May 10, 2019 10:57 am

tunatomatoe wrote:Thanks for your kind reply. I couldn’t use my email address again, as it said that it was already registered. That makes me believe my account has not been deleted.

An I correct in understanding that there are no contact details to reach administrators when you have trouble logging in?

Worst case you can either send a message to makehuman on Facebook, or open a ticket on github. Neither is intended for this, but as as a last resort...

It is intended that the devs cannot be reached directly, as that leads people to mail us instead of asking questions or report problems through the proper channels.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby tunatomatoe » Fri May 10, 2019 11:23 am

I assumed so much that people behind "Makehuman" don't want to be contacted, but I would think you can state that you can't reply to user application issues and refer to the forum.

On the Facebook page the button to send a message is neither available.

It would be nice if there was an option to re-activate your account, a button to report to admin fx at the log-in page. Seems to me that you will not get user questions this way.

The whole thing doesn't give me the feeling of a community, but more as "take as is". Still, using Makehuman for a long time already and enjoying it, so thanks to the developers for that.
tunatomatoe

Return to General discussions about makehuman