Tried to Edit MakeClothes OBJ in Blender..eh dont work

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Tried to Edit MakeClothes OBJ in Blender..eh dont work

Postby Davidus » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:47 pm

Hi. I am in a wrestling match with MakeClothes. I got it to export the OBJ correctly..but just one color. So I tried loading the OBJ file into Blender and paint it with ZeroBrush ...this is a Blender Sensei addon. Well.. this is the result. I am not sure if I even made a UV map for this model at all. Boy I am really struggling. Like a mechanical bull that I keep getting kicked off again, over and over. PS: wish there was a CLOTHES or MakeClothes forum.. it seems like there might be room for it. Thank you.
Attachments
mh blender color error.png
Davidus

Re: Tried to Edit MakeClothes OBJ in Blender..eh dont work

Postby wolgade » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:16 pm

Davidus wrote:I got it to export the OBJ correctly..but just one color.

OBJ export worked fine, but you obviously have a problem with the material.
Davidus wrote: So I tried loading the OBJ file into Blender and paint it with ZeroBrush

Ooops. An OBJ file doesn't know anything about colors. It contains only the mesh. I don't know anything about ZeroBrush, but it can't make an OBJ file contain any material information.
Davidus wrote:I am not sure if I even made a UV map for this model at all.

Then make sure that you have an UV map. Otherwise MC can't export anything but a straight color.
wolgade

Re: Tried to Edit MakeClothes OBJ in Blender..eh dont work

Postby Davidus » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Drawing the seams is what I don't like. I am barely understanding what I am doing. Just getting MakeClothes to work at all pleases me. I decided to do the easiest thing. I want some sandals, Roman and Barbarian sandals.. so I made these. UV unwrapped with the Smart UV unwrapper. Then, just a diffuse color. Well.. I got it to work! I want to contribute these, as soon as I get a better grasp of what I am doing. MakeClothes has been quite a wrestling match. I only have beginner Blender skills. I downloaded UV Magic, and some other UV stuff.. they are supposed to help, but I dont know how to use them. Adding textures..the materials.. I am still very uncertain. Very shaky confidence. Here are the sandals.. the rest of the costume is from the regular clothing database. I am interested in period costumes.
Attachments
Keithius Weddlus.png
Davidus

Return to General discussions about makehuman