MakeClothes Combining Skirt and Tights

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

MakeClothes Combining Skirt and Tights

Postby Davidus » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:25 pm

Hi.. I finally got MakeClothes to work thanks to this forum! Now I am exploring more. I want to make a Roman Tunic. So I cut down the tights to just the top half, and now to join the skirt, which has been shortend .. join them together to make a tunic for Roman, sword and sandal characters.

According to VScorpians YouTube tutorial I can edit stuff any way that I want. Can I paint it? Not that there are two colors.. will this "not work". I'd like to use Zero Brush (I use Sensei Format) to paint on details. I have no idea about UV maps or mapping.. I just know that you are "supposed to do it." I haven't even tried to render this yet, to hit the "Make Clothes" button.

Boy this was a ALL day job learning this. But now, it's getting easier, but not ..a full grasp of what to do. I've got a couple pieces to work though, to make clothes...so I am encouraged..just test pieces. thank you. PS: wish there was a MakeClothes forum..it seems a easy way to make clothing, unless it is more limited than I think.
Attachments
tunic error edit mode.png
tunic.png
Davidus

Re: MakeClothes Combining Skirt and Tights

Postby jujube » Sun May 20, 2018 6:54 pm

It looks like the helper objects are already uv unwrapped. So here's the UV layout for the tights/socks (red), skirt (blue), hair (yellow), and penis (purple).
(the last two things aren't in your post, but i included them in case someone else needs them.)

The texture should work with your clothes, since you copied them from the helpers. So just download my image and draw over the clothes in whatever paint program you use.

The resolution isn't good, since the default UVs are crammed into a tiny corner of a larger map that includes the skin map, but for beginner purposes, it should work.

(wait, i should also explain the basic concept of what a UV map is. basically, imagine you're unfolding a cardboard box so that you can spread it out flat on your desk and draw on it. except with more complicated shapes.)
Attachments
mh_uv1.png
jujube

Re: MakeClothes Combining Skirt and Tights

Postby Davidus » Tue May 22, 2018 4:24 am

thank you for this. I will get on it.
Davidus

Return to General discussions about makehuman