armature bone rotation

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Re: armature bone rotation

Postby joepal » Tue May 01, 2018 8:57 pm

The py3/master build is available here: http://download.tuxfamily.org/makehuman/nightly/

It's called "makehuman-community-*-win32.zip"

Quite a lot has changed between the 1.1.1 release and that, so it's not overly surprising that things work in one but not the other.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby jujube » Tue May 01, 2018 11:08 pm

I'm running the python3 branch because I have python 3, not 2, installed. (I had python 2 installed at one point, but uninstalled it to stop them from interfering. But with managing environments on pycharm, maybe I could install it again if I had to.)

This is what I get when I run the script (in a pycharm "scratch" file):

Code: Select all
PyQt5 found
Numpy found
OpenGL found
Python version : 3.5.2 (v3.5.2:4def2a2901a5, Jun 25 2016, 22:18:55) [MSC v.1900 64 bit (AMD64)]

Process finished with exit code 0

edit: I see joepal's post now. I already downloaded the one on the main downloads page. I waited for it to unzip so that I could check in one of the plugin files to see what version it was, to see if it was also python 3 and I wouldn't have to also download the one in joepal's link. It said python 2.7 at the top so I went to the nightly build, but it also says python 2.7 at the top of the script. I'm going to assume they're the same so that I don't have to wait ages again for another one to unzip, and run the one I downloaded from the main page.
(both zip files have lots of package pyd files, which is different. but they also both have python27.dll. eh...)
waiting an eternity for the startup thing to appear, while its annoyingly warm and humid in my room because it's too nice outside to run the a/c or something, gotta make up for it by being uncomfortable inside! whine whine whine, wait wait wait... so much waiting...
ok it finally loaded and this exe which I assume is py3, is not broken. I hope I dont have to wait another epoch for the other one to unzip and load again...
There is one warning, which says:
C:\Users\[name]\DOWNLO~1\MAKEHU~1.1-W\OpenGL\GL\VERSION\GL_2_0.py:374: FutureWarning: comparison to `None` will result in an elementwise object comparison in the future.

Also this notice, which printed four times, which I saw when running from source but probably don't remember seeing it in the python 2.7 version:
Setting rendering_width is already declared. Adding it again has no effect.

edit2: a few minutes after exiting pycharm, after hitting the dialog boxes that asked me if i wanted to terminate the makehuman process (despite not having any makehuman windows open), a py3 community blank screen MH loading box appeared. The 3d viewer windows is gray instead of white, so I hoped that meant that it was the exe, so then my situation would apparently make sense, but then based on one of the error messages, it seems to be the refactor branch (but running from appdata instead of pycharm).
jujube

Postby RobBaer » Wed May 02, 2018 8:32 pm

@Jujube
Sounds like you have it but just in case: Brief running from source instructions

STUB for FAQ - Running Python 3 branch from Source on Windows.

• Make sure python 3 is installed and available
  • Download and install an IDE like PyCharm Community Edition to make your life easier

The python dependencies before you start (translating since I use Anaconda Python):
pip3 install pyopengl
pip3 install numpy
pip3 install pyqt5

Get the source from:
https://github.com/makehumancommunity/makehuman
Focus on the Master branch.

This is verified as a fully functional Windows MH using python 3 if you have the proper dependencies installed. It also works on Ubuntu 18.04 (and probably other recent builds), but there are currently some issues on MacOS High Sierra.

You run it from source within pycharm (right click makehuman.py and choose run). The first time you start it it will compile some files and will take some time to start. This won't happen on subsequent starts.

To avoid slow startup on first run, do this first: run download_assets.py (or it's preferred to use download_assets_git.py now I guess - but this requires an additional git tool so I'd just use download_assets.py for now) then run in turn compile_targets.py, compile_proxies.py, and compile_models.py This will download the main MakeHuman assets and pre-compile them. (in each case right click and choose run). Now MakeHuman should start faster.

The logs and assets for the python 3 branch are found in: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\makehuman\v1py3 rather than C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\makehuman\v1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The log error entries you mention are expected and shouldn't interfere with function.

The pre-built MH for python 3 version for a Windows machine (without any python or development tools needed - ready to go)
http://download.tuxfamily.org/makehuman ... -win32.exe

Note: I have not tried it recently, but last time I did, it ran fine on Windows 10.
RobBaer

Postby RobBaer » Wed May 02, 2018 9:18 pm

jujube wrote:I would, except on my PC the refactor branch has at least a blue human, and the master branch has no human :?
...I would like some help in getting the master branch working, though.

FAQ: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... help_me%3F
This often says driver issues, especially on (older) machines running built-in Intel graphics cards. Don't know if that's what is going on here. What is your graphics card? Were you running with or without the
--noshaders switch with standard MakeHuman 1.1.1?

These are exactly the nightmares that are making us try to get some control over the "spaghetti code" running opengl just now. ;) Very much a learning process as we go ....
RobBaer

Postby jujube » Wed May 02, 2018 9:49 pm

IIRC, the --noshaders had no effect. It's not like there was a human with messed up shading; when running master from source, the 3d window was totally blank. Only the UI was visible.

I believe it was a AMD graphics card. I can try on my nvidia machine and report the results.

Also is it better to use numpy 1.12 or the latest?
jujube

Postby joepal » Thu May 03, 2018 11:34 am

Numpy should no longer be an issue in the py3 code. You should be able to use whichever.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Previous

Return to General discussions about makehuman