Free Marvelous Designer dress project file and fabric preset

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Free Marvelous Designer dress project file and fabric preset

Postby CamilleKleinman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Hi guys!

Since many MD users use MakeHuman I hope you don't mind me sharing a free Marvelous Designer project file I made.

You can use this Marvelous Designer dress garment as-is for all your MD projects or modify it to create other clothes.
You can also use parts of it for other projects (such as the skirt or sleeves).
Included in the zip is the Marvelous Designer project file, the clothing patterns (for the skirt, top, sleeves, and waistband), a physical property preset for creating soft hanging sleeves and skirt fabrics, and a tiling waistband texture. The fabric preset creates soft hanging fabrics and is great for all kinds of light, soft sleeves, skirts, dresses, capes etc.

Download the Marvelous Designer project file here:
https://cgelves.com/free-marvelous-designer-dress-garment-file-patterns/

Enjoy! :)
CamilleKleinman

Re: Free Marvelous Designer dress project file and fabric pr

Postby brkurt » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:52 am

Thanks Camille...I'm the guy who helped start this workflow, way back in 2013. I've argued strenuously that MH needs to have MD in mind when an export file format is created; luckily MD uses Open Collada (probably lots more formats now, I was using MD3). That's the reason I've left so many of models on the forums, with a custom rig that works like a charm in MD. :geek:

Great to see your work. :D
brkurt

Re: Free Marvelous Designer dress project file and fabric pr

Postby Mindfront » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:18 pm

This can be interesting to look at, as it was a long time ago I experimented "sewing" clothes from actual patterns but with Blender. Maybe these patterns also work as standalone.
Mindfront

Return to General discussions about makehuman