Weight

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Weight

Postby catmandolin » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:09 pm

I am working on weight loss and want to use makehuman to visually model the loss progression. Seemed like a good idea at the time and I still think it is but as I set the age, my race and so on when it comes to inputting the weight I am left with figuring out percentages. How do you input the weight. lets say I weighed 300 pounds, then went down to 275 and then down to 250. How do I model that weight progression or rather, how do I input it into the model?
catmandolin

Re: Weight

Postby loki1950 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:48 pm

Sorry but there is no direct mathematical correlation so that you can enter a value for weight as the slider positions which have a value between 0-1 that control body shape are related to volume not mass.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby RobBaer » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:24 pm

catmandolin wrote:I am working on weight loss and want to use makehuman to visually model the loss progression. Seemed like a good idea at the time and I still think it is but as I set the age, my race and so on when it comes to inputting the weight I am left with figuring out percentages. How do you input the weight. lets say I weighed 300 pounds, then went down to 275 and then down to 250. How do I model that weight progression or rather, how do I input it into the model?

To add to what Loki has already suggested, MakeHuman treats weight as a qualitative mass measure, so you will also see very different body mophologies at a given weight if you move the muscle slider. For example, move the weight slider to the extreme right. Now move the muscle slider to the extreme right right as well. You have a muscle-man. Now move the muscle slider to the complete left and you will have an extremely obese individual at the same weight.

This slider behavior is quite realistic, but has not been implemented in a completely quantitative fashion. It will be up to you to create representative settings for the project you describe. You may be able to create a series of useful combinations by making use of the scripting interface. Unfortunately, this is not the best documented part of MakeHuman, but it might be quite time saving for you project if you can make it work.
RobBaer

Postby Mindfront » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:00 pm

I don't know if this may be of help but jujube posted a weight script here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15081
Install it by placing the file "7_weight_estimation.py" in "Makehuman\plugins" and it should look like this
Weight_estimation_plugin.png

It has no weight input but when changing the sliders the characters weight changes.
Mindfront

Postby jujube » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:34 pm

I'd love to have weight displayed at the bottom of the screen to see while you edit (like with height), I wish I knew how to code that...
jujube

Return to General discussions about makehuman