Exporting and importing from Second Life

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Exporting and importing from Second Life

Postby Thomas_Ray » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:44 am

there a way to import a mesh avatar or object from Second life----Or the other way around?
Thomas_Ray

Re: Exporting and importing from Second Life

Postby MargaretToigo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:40 pm

I don't know much about Second Life, but if it allows you to export and/or import a Wavefront .obj, then it can probably be done.
MargaretToigo

Postby Elvaerwyn » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:58 am

Greetings, yes its very possible to do just this from second life to blender would use firestorm and with the advanced menu up choose character xml save. it will save your shape to desktop as an xml file, or if you have a mesh body in second life you can take it off set it next to you and choose save as dae(using firestorm still). From blender to second life you simply save your avatar in blender to desktop as a dae file and upload the body as you would any other object but include info in form that its an avatar body and it needs its skin weight and joints! gl, if you need more help hit us up again, as I am sick it may be while for me to reply.
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby Rally_Bunny » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:18 am

Elvaerwyn wrote:Greetings, yes its very possible to do just this from second life to blender would use firestorm and with the advanced menu up choose character xml save. it will save your shape to desktop as an xml file, or if you have a mesh body in second life you can take it off set it next to you and choose save as dae(using firestorm still). From blender to second life you simply save your avatar in blender to desktop as a dae file and upload the body as you would any other object but include info in form that its an avatar body and it needs its skin weight and joints! gl, if you need more help hit us up again, as I am sick it may be while for me to reply.

How would I go about getting my xml file into makehuman? I am very new to this and have not found a way to make this happen.
Rally_Bunny

Postby Elvaerwyn » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:51 am

Greetings!
Been many a moon since I have dabbled with porting to opensim! However I recall doing this with the Ruth model during her initial testing :D. I had to use blender though....so what I did was I imported the ruth xml file into blender and used that model to create a full body target sans the head but can do whole body of course. This will of course require using the maketarget addon and blender import procedure. Export the target you create into makehuman custom file and it should be laodable as a full target to replace the default makehuman manequin..... I did this with blender 2.79 of course so its anyones guess if this works in 2.91? I can test it if you have any issues using this workflow, np :D
Elv
Elvaerwyn

Postby Rally_Bunny » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:29 pm

Elvaerwyn wrote:Greetings!
Been many a moon since I have dabbled with porting to opensim! However I recall doing this with the Ruth model during her initial testing :D. I had to use blender though....so what I did was I imported the ruth xml file into blender and used that model to create a full body target sans the head but can do whole body of course. This will of course require using the maketarget addon and blender import procedure. Export the target you create into makehuman custom file and it should be laodable as a full target to replace the default makehuman manequin..... I did this with blender 2.79 of course so its anyones guess if this works in 2.91? I can test it if you have any issues using this workflow, np :D
Elv

I have been unable to find a way to import SL xml files into blender, either. My search on how to do that led me here. Do you have any insight on doing that? I really appreciate your assistance.
Rally_Bunny

Postby Elvaerwyn » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:45 am

Allo again,
I truly have no clue to what happened with the free xml importer/exporters that i recall for blender. They may have had their projects dropped? However I have used the one from avastar for some years, it is by machinimatrix(not recommended to buy if this is your only usage?). I have this though personally. If you would like me to port your xml to a blender file I would not mind doing that for you! Lemme know if you still need that, np. Would simply send you the blender file then you can do what you would or port it to makehuman if you like!
Elv
Elvaerwyn

Postby Rally_Bunny » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:09 am

Elvaerwyn wrote:Allo again,
I truly have no clue to what happened with the free xml importer/exporters that i recall for blender. They may have had their projects dropped? However I have used the one from avastar for some years, it is by machinimatrix(not recommended to buy if this is your only usage?). I have this though personally. If you would like me to port your xml to a blender file I would not mind doing that for you! Lemme know if you still need that, np. Would simply send you the blender file then you can do what you would or port it to makehuman if you like!
Elv

This is my only use for that. I just wanted to port my avatar into blender to work with it there. I would really appreciate your assistance. Thank you! How would I go about getting it to you?
Rally_Bunny

Postby Elvaerwyn » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:05 am

I will PM you!
Elvaerwyn

Return to General discussions about makehuman