Scaling Problem in MH

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Scaling Problem in MH

Postby radin7n » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Hi everyone.
so i tried couple of thing for scaling the body of MH and all of them end like the image below.
When i scale the body on other program they look fine, but in MH the body convert to this...thing
Why this happen? my goal is to Scale the whole body (like changing the age, but more advance.)
radin7n

Re: Scaling Problem in MH

Postby wolgade » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:49 pm

Did you use a target for scaling? Keep in mind the targets (shapekeys, morphs) store vertex translations, vertex translations on a straight line. They don't know anything about scaling. Your messed up model looks a bit like targets for a big body applied on a small body.
wolgade

Postby radin7n » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:21 pm

Oh yes I forgot... :)
You know I found a solution for this... If you don't change "age, gender and... it will be ok.Or you can use average fem or male instead of base...
F it.
I should make a proxy or something...

have a nice day :)
radin7n

Postby Aranuvir » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:47 pm

Could also be a problem of applying base targets twice. When you don't use the base mesh for target creation, make sure to remove those targets that generate the basic start up mesh (inside MakeHuman). Otherwise those targets get applied twice (first time by default on start up of MakeHuman and second time by your target). You can try jujubes "anti-base" target to see if it solves your problem. Good luck!
Aranuvir

Postby radin7n » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Aranuvir wrote:Could also be a problem of...

Well thank you for your answer, but I created all of them with base mesh, I realized that fem and male work better if the target is not specific for both.
My problem will be solved with a proxy...
Have a nice day
radin7n

Return to General discussions about makehuman