Need help with eyes..

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Need help with eyes..

Postby noobRenderer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:24 pm

So I have a character imported from latest MakeHuman version using mhx2. The only problem was eyes. After I applied texture to all parts as show in Outliner window my eyes were still appearing black. After browsing around a lot, I found this

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9381

I downloaded again the new texture for eyes instead of one that was in export file. After following instructions in above post, still no success. So my question is how to get the correct eyes? I have searched a lot and still can't seem to rectify this. Any help would be appreciated. Any other ways to do this ? Please help out, I am stuck on this from last 2 days. Thanks for your help.
Attachments
Capture1.PNG
After getting new texture for eyes and following instructions in above link.
Capture.PNG
After applying material that came with export file.
noobRenderer

Re: Need help with eyes..

Postby MargaretToigo » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Are you using Cycles or Blender render?
MargaretToigo

Postby noobRenderer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Thanks for quick reply. I am using Cycles Render.
noobRenderer

Postby MTKnife » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:52 am

You need to check the 'transparent" box for eyelashes and eyebrows, and some hair and clothes. It's somewhere on the second tab in the properties sidebar, I think?
MTKnife

Postby grinsegold » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:36 am

First let me mention that this seems to be a problem, so why not placing your question in the section "Bugs, problems, feature requests"?, but apart from that let's start getting this solved now.
Select the eyes, go in edit mode (maybe also press numpad-slash to get into local view), then deselect all vertices by pressing "a" once or twice. Notice that each eye consists of two layers - the outer one gets its "texture" from the transparent area of the eye-texture, meaning that this part of the mesh will be transparent, while the second shell will be the white sclera and the iris+pupil. Now hover over the inner shell and press "L". When both inner shells are selected, press "P" and confirm "by selection". When you now leave edit mode, you will notice that you have two eye objects now, "High-poly" and "High-poly.001". With "High-poly" still selected, go to the material tab, press the button that sais "Mixshader" and change it to "Principled". Next, hit the square grey button next to "Base Col" and select "Image Texture". A texture slot appears. Click on the up/down arrow-button and select the eye-texture .

Now select "High-poly.001" and change also the shader, but this time not to "Principled", but to "Glass". Make sure the color within the glass-shader is purely white.

Done
grinsegold

Postby noobRenderer » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:04 pm

First of all thanks for that fix. I will try it soon as I can and post the results here.

Sorry for that, I did not knew this was known problem. I believed, I did something wrong with textures. Next time I will be more careful about posting it in right forums.
Thank you for your help again.
noobRenderer

Return to General discussions about makehuman