Help needed with export from MakeHuman to Blender

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Help needed with export from MakeHuman to Blender

Postby noobRenderer » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:48 am

So I made a character in Make Human version 1.1.1. I imported it into Blender 2.79 using .mhx2 format. The problem is the character is appearing too big in Blender. I can also not do any transformations on it. I am getting error "Object have no data to transform". Also when i render the image in Blender it's only showing legs of character instead of complete human. I have tried Transforming in object mode. I have also tried decimeter,meter, inch and centimeter. Still no result.

Please help me with this problem. Also is it possible to scale human against background in Make Human version 1.1.1? I have tried and found no way yet.
Basically I just want to scale my character and place it into already drawn background.

Sorry if it's asked before. I tried all the relevant solutions and none worked for me. Thanks for help!
noobRenderer

Re: Help needed with export from MakeHuman to Blender

Postby wolgade » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:50 am

You can set the scale when you export from MH.
export.png
export.png (18.76 KiB) Viewed 6262 times

After import scaling, translation and rotation are locked for the meshes. This is at least true for rigged characters. If you want to scale a rigged character, select the armature, switch to Object Mode and scale the armature.
wolgade

Postby noobRenderer » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Hey thanks for quick reply! Unfortunately I still couldn't resize the character even after selecting the armature and applying scaling transformation in Object mode. I have imported using Decimeter unit. Other units are giving me even larger result. Also character is not rendering properly in Blender. I have also attached screenshot for reference. Is there any other way to import normal size characters into Blender and then render them without any loss?
Attachments
Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG
noobRenderer

Postby Antiqua_Sphinge » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:58 pm

In Blender object mode, on the right (also object mode) you'll see the XYZ scale (Location, Rotation, Scale), use the Scale XYZ to make your character larger or smaller to fit the scene.
Antiqua_Sphinge

Postby noobRenderer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:28 am

Thanks for quick reply. Yes I finally managed it. Thank you for all your help.
noobRenderer

Postby RobBaer » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:58 am

wolgade wrote:You can set the scale when you export from MH.

And my recommendation would be to use the "meter scale" for exporting when your goal is to import into Blender. This will producer SMALLER characters [1/10 the size in fact] than decimeter export.

1 m = 1 blender unit seems quite natural for the default viewport.
RobBaer

Postby wolgade » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:28 am

RobBaer wrote:And my recommendation would be to use the "meter scale" for exporting when your goal is to import into Blender.

I used the "meter scale" for quite a while. A few months back I discovered that it makes it impossible to use cloth simulation and hair dynamics. All simulations in Blender require larger numbers. With numbers too close to zero simulations simply don't work.

So I decided to switch back to 1 dm = 1 BU.
wolgade

Return to General discussions about makehuman