really very n00b question

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

really very n00b question

Postby Jonah » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:09 pm

While trying to find the exact path of the binary so as to Put It Into My synaptic repositories files, (easier than doing apt-get in the cli, lazy bum here) and the path wasn't absolute. So I'm stuck momentarily. An alternative to that would be a nice zip file . I'm making tee-shirts for political and frankly mercenary gain. In the states we have a really unpopular president. Also has a large following in support of that president. What I intend to do is take a non-copyright image (he's a public official so that's the easy part) and place what's called a P..syHat on his ridiculous head. with the legend "he grabs them because he is one". He's a rather crude person and has engendered a lot of antipathy, and the term P....y is innocuous in Britain but in America it's regarded as obscenity. And misogynistic. Hence the outrage. I'm publishing/punishing my opinions on a printing-on-demand website. Controversy is a great advertisement just by itself. So much for why, now to the How? part. I thank you for your (anticipated) assistance in this matter.
Jonah

Re: really very n00b question

Postby joepal » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:37 pm

Uh...

What precisely is the question?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Jonah » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:23 am

a download location. Like the file to install. In a zip file. I can open that with apt-install as my debian isn't a ubuntu and that would be the simplest fastest way to get it up and running. The Ubuntu apt repository is a little out of the question until I partition another drive and install ubuntu. On this machine I'm running debian and and windows and Kali which is also unlike. ubuntu (been reading the faqs ) Which goes straight back to download a zip file. Thus rendering the apt-get part moot. Glad to meet you at least virtually.
Jonah

Postby Jonah » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:29 am

found it.
Jonah

Postby joepal » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:33 am

Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to General discussions about makehuman