Making a Cartoon figure

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Making a Cartoon figure

Postby uncle808us » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi: Is it possible to make a cartoon figure in MH not a cartoon render but a cartoon looking character.
Something similar to this:
Toon Character.jpg
OSX El Capitan
Ver 10.11.6
uncle808us

Re: Making a Cartoon figure

Postby RobBaer » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:00 pm

Not "out of the box." It is possible to make such a character in Blender or another program and add it to the topology collection in MH, after which it could be used in MakeHuman.
RobBaer

Postby uncle808us » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:07 pm

RobBaer wrote:Not "out of the box." It is possible to make such a character in Blender or another program and add it to the topology collection in MH, after which it could be used in MakeHuman.

Thank you for this reply.
This is intriguing information could you tell me or direct me to information on how this is achieved?
I'm hoping it can be done in Cheetah 3d as I don't use Blender but Cheetah 3D is quite similar.
I certainly would appreciate it.
Thank you again.
OSX El Capitan
Ver 10.11.6
uncle808us

Postby brkurt » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:34 am

uncle808us wrote:
RobBaer wrote:Not "out of the box." It is possible to make such a character in Blender or another program and add it to the topology collection in MH, after which it could be used in MakeHuman.

This is intriguing information could you tell me or direct me to information on how this is achieved?
I'm hoping it can be done in Cheetah 3d as I don't use Blender but Cheetah 3D is quite similar.
Thank you again.

This is an interesting request, after all the effort to create a hyper-realistic model. :)
What you want is Mancandy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEiJJ1nMI4k
brkurt

Postby uncle808us » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:46 am

brkurt wrote:
uncle808us wrote:

Thank you again.

This is an interesting request, after all the effort to create a hyper-realistic model. :)
What you want is Mancandy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEiJJ1nMI4k

I don't use blender like I said. Is man candy only for blender? Is it a model for sale already rigged I could not get this from the video. But it was a nice video. Thanks.
OSX El Capitan
Ver 10.11.6
uncle808us

Postby brkurt » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:58 pm

Cheetah 3d will import Collada .dae files; you would need to load Mancandy into Blender, then export as Collada. Unfortunately, you will lose the shape keys in the process. How advanced are your rigging skills? You will most likely need to rebuild the rig, and create the inverse kinematics yourself. No easy task, but the model is decent. Good luck. :)
brkurt

Postby uncle808us » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:47 pm

brkurt wrote:Cheetah 3d will import Collada .dae files; you would need to load Mancandy into Blender, then export as Collada. Unfortunately, you will lose the shape keys in the process. How advanced are your rigging skills? You will most likely need to rebuild the rig, and create the inverse kinematics yourself. No easy task, but the model is decent. Good luck. :)

Thanks for the reply but like I said I don't use Blender or have it so I'm going to forget Mancandy. and go back to my original question:
Not "out of the box." It is possible to make such a character in Blender or another program and add it to the topology collection in MH, after which it could be used in MakeHuman.How is this done in something other than Blender.
OSX El Capitan
Ver 10.11.6
uncle808us

Postby blindsaypatten » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:27 pm

MakeHuman relies on Blender for tasks like topology modification and posing, so I think the answer is, either get Blender or use something other than MakeHuman.

It's not clear to me how MakeHuman would even be useful to you. If you describe what you want to accomplish by using MakeHuman someone may be able to make a suggestion.
blindsaypatten

Postby uncle808us » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:42 am

I can see there is no answer beyond Blender so this is solve AFAIC. Thanks to everyone.
OSX El Capitan
Ver 10.11.6
uncle808us

Return to General discussions about makehuman