how to get the quads's index of the base body'parts

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

how to get the quads's index of the base body'parts

Postby ibruce » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:34 am

Hi!Somebody can tell me the base body's index of all parts,for example:eyes, head, hand, leg...I cannot find in the source.I try to use these parameter for poses.Thanks!
ibruce

Re: how to get the quads's index of the base body'parts

Postby blindsaypatten » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:33 pm

ibruce wrote:Hi!Somebody can tell me the base body's index of all parts,for example:eyes, head, hand, leg...I cannot find in the source.I try to use these parameter for poses.Thanks!

Normally posing is taken care of using the armatures rather than manipulating faces. If all you want to do is normal posing that's what you should look at.

However, if you have some special need you could look at the default_weights.mhw file in <makehuman install dir>/data/rigs which contains a list of vertices associated with each bone in the default armature/skeleton, which will be roughly related to body parts. The vertices for a bone will include some vertices on adjacent bones around the joints though, it is a list of vertices that will move when that bone moves. Each vertex has a weight that indicates how strongly tied it is to the bone in question.
blindsaypatten

Postby Aranuvir » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:23 pm

ibruce wrote:Hi!Somebody can tell me the base body's index of all parts,for example:eyes, head, hand, leg...I cannot find in the source.I try to use these parameter for poses.Thanks!

Sorry, it took some time to answer. I haven't seen such a definition in the code, too. One solution would be, using the weight tool from makehuman-util it lets you save the IDs of selected faces to a file, but you have to define your regions of interest by yourself. Maybe the symmetry map from maketarget is helpful, too.
https://bitbucket.org/MakeHuman/makehuman-utils.
Aranuvir

Postby blindsaypatten » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:52 pm

You can also hit space and type in Print vertex numbers and it will print out the indices of the currently selected vertices.
blindsaypatten

Return to General discussions about makehuman