external piloting

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

external piloting

Postby Liano » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:10 am

I am a beginner in this program.
After creating an avatar with makehuman, you can move with instructions from, for example, the serial port of your computer?
Let me explain better: I want to create a system that reads the movements of a human and transmit them to avatar. The idea is to give makehuman vectors or arrays of data and obtain the corresponding movements. So the question is: Makehuman can receive input data in that form?
Thanks
Liano

external piloting

Postby Liano » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:16 pm

I'm waiting
please, someone can help me?
Liano

Re: external piloting

Postby DAD » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:02 pm

Essentially what you are talking about sounds like motion capture. While this could possibly be done with MakeHuman, I have a feeling the mesh density would create problems for realtime capture. Most motion capture systems work with a rigging skeletons for realtime capture or extremely low density meshes. Not really sure what this would accomplish since the addition of the hardware required would still represent a significant investment for someone to use a 'free' open source program.
I don't fear god anymore. Anything he/she does to me now is only adding insult to injury ... alright already enough with the insults!

http://www.dad-tv.com
DAD

Postby Manuel » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:53 am

Liano wrote:I am a beginner in this program.
After creating an avatar with makehuman, you can move with instructions from, for example, the serial port of your computer?
Let me explain better: I want to create a system that reads the movements of a human and transmit them to avatar. The idea is to give makehuman vectors or arrays of data and obtain the corresponding movements. So the question is: Makehuman can receive input data in that form?
Thanks

It will be possible in next version, because python scriptable.
Manuel

Postby Liano » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:22 pm

DAD wrote:Essentially what you are talking about sounds like motion capture. While this could possibly be done with MakeHuman, I have a feeling the mesh density would create problems for realtime capture. Most motion capture systems work with a rigging skeletons for realtime capture or extremely low density meshes. Not really sure what this would accomplish since the addition of the hardware required would still represent a significant investment for someone to use a 'free' open source program.

Exactly DAD, you understand. :D
Hardware for motion capture is already available to me, so this investment does not worry me anymore.
Take into account the problem of density mesh for realtime capture. Thanks, I thought there. :roll:
Liano

Postby Liano » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:35 pm

Manuel wrote:It will be possible in next version, because python scriptable.

This is good news! :D
but...indicatively, when the next version will be released :?:
Liano

Return to General discussions about makehuman