Couple of Bone questions

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Couple of Bone questions

Postby Jerdak » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:15 pm

Please excuse my ignorance with regards to Collada and MakeHuman. So to the questions:

1.) Where are the bones inside of MakeHuman defined? If this is something to do with the Collada documentation I'd appreciate a heads up on what to look for to save me some time. Personally I'm used to dealing with things like .obj files that delineate regions with 'O <Section name>' I've looked through the base.<*> files and haven't see anything labeled noticably as "skeleton" or "bone." I'm guessing this means they are hardcoded?

2.) Does anyone possibly have any suggestions on how to embed my own skeleton and morph it appropriately. A starting point for my search would be handy. What I'm trying to do is embed basically a stick figure inside of the MakeHuman mesh that will be transformed as rotations/translations are applied to each body region. In this way I could store the total transformation, per region, from a to b. Basically that will allow me to move the body around, shoot rays through specific regions, and then map back a base pose.

I've started looking at doPose/doPoseRotation/doPoseTranslation. Can I assume each body part has it's own axis system and that those are defined somewhere. From what I can tell I think I can just open up a .bs file to get the body region and angle of change. I'm just not sure what to apply this angle to, a custom axis or a global axis system. It seems to me like most of the body work in MakeHuman is done manually so I'm not entirely sure if this is something else that is stored in some file.

Any help is appreciated.
Jerdak

Return to Newbies