Adding geometries

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Adding geometries

Postby Wazzamac » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:04 am

I installed a 3rd party geometries (full-beard) under the Hair directory and (string2) under the Clothes directory as per the FAQ instruction but can't find them in Geometries to use them. Is there something more to do. I use a Mac and it adds a .txt extension automatically, which I deleted but otherwise I see no issues.
Wazzamac

Re: Adding geometries

Postby joepal » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:43 am

The easiest way to add assets is by using the asset downloader, on the community -> download assets tab.

This said, it should be possible to manually add assets too, as long as you place all the relevant files in the correct location.

For a clothes (hair/bodypart) type of asset you will need one file with the extension .mhclo, one .mhmat and one .obj. You will most likely also need one or more image type files.

Can you post a screenshot of the directory where you placed these files?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Wazzamac » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:51 am

Thanks Joepal

Screenshots attached.

Also, I installed the 1_mhapi plugin and the 8_asset_downloader in the plugins folder. There was no log for the 1_mhapi and the 8_ asset_down_loader log showed a dependancy error (also attached).
Attachments
plugin-log.png
contents of string2.png
added folder.png
Mh data folder.png
Wazzamac

Postby jwc » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:44 am

As the icons in your screen capture shows, the mhmat and mhclo files are still text files.
Removing the string ".txt" from the end of the file name does not change this in the Mac OS.
Open up the "Get Info" window on these files, and in the "Name & Extension" section, change the extension to the correct value.
The Mac OS should ask if you really want to make the change, this is a good indication that you have done it correctly.
jwc

Return to Newbies