All clothes went missing in Geometry > Clothes

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

All clothes went missing in Geometry > Clothes

Postby J_Art » Tue May 31, 2022 3:16 pm

Hi,
after I hit the Synchronize button + downloaded some assets through the community tab, all clothes went missing in Geometry > Clothes, while clothes still shows up in C:\Program Files\makehuman-community\makehuman\data\clothes directory. Although it seems that the items I downloaded with the Community tab, are not there.
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?imag ... human1.jpg
How do I fix this?
J_Art

Re: All clothes went missing in Geometry > Clothes

Postby tomcat » Tue May 31, 2022 5:14 pm

A similar problem has just been discussed:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20483
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Postby J_Art » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:34 am

tomcat wrote:A similar problem has just been discussed:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20483

Thanks!
I have checked the topic you told me about and another one mentioned there, but I am just a complete noob to understand what the possible solution is.
For example, they say:
You can try these options:
1. Replace the potentially problematic file filecache.py in the program folder ..\makehuman-community\makehuman\lib with the corrected one.
2. Install the nightly build, which, as far as I understand, should contain the fix.

I don't even know how to place that text info into a Python file, and replace it in the directory, for example.
I have downloaded Python, but when opening the file it just blinks and shuts down. When opening the filecache.py using Notepad, it wouldn't let me save it.

Looks like you need to have programming skills to resolve the problem.

I have reinstalled the app, but the problem is still there.

Very sad :(
Last edited by J_Art on Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
J_Art

Postby J_Art » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:07 am

I noticed one interesting thing:
Despite reinstalling the app, a human model created by me earlier is still possible to open. Looks like created models are being stored in the following directory: C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Documents\makehuman\v1py3\models
https://www.linkpicture.com/q/MakeHuman_Problem1.jpg
The other data as well, including Clothes folder:
https://www.linkpicture.com/q/MakeHuman_Problem2.jpg

All the clothes I have downloaded myself, are being stored there.

In the same time, in my Programs Files there exist another MakeHuman data folders, including another Clothes folder:
https://www.linkpicture.com/q/MakeHuman_Problem3.jpg with different assets in it.

I am quite confused, and it looks like the app itself is confused about it.
Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

Should I try to just delete the MakeHuman folders with all the data in the OneDrive directory, and then just reinstall the app?
Then probably download all the assets just manually, dropping every item in the Clothes etc. folder in my Program Files directory?
J_Art

Postby J_Art » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:32 am

Update:
I have uninstalled the app again, then this time deleted the "makehuman" folder in the OneDrive directory C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Documents\

I reinstalled the app, launched it, and the clothes is there now.

So this might be the root of all problems and a possible solution (just not to forget to copy and save elsewhere all the created models etc. before deleting the Makehuman folder on OneDrive)

Again, after the installation, it has created 2 different folders - 1 on my PC, and another one on OneDrive, and it would save the created model in OneDrive folder by default, the same will happen with all the downloaded extra assets I guess.
Is it possible at all to make the app only use one directory??

I haven't tried Synchronize, neither I downloaded any items manually yet.
I'll do it later, and let's see what happens.
J_Art

Postby J_Art » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:24 pm

Update: I hit Synchronize again, it has downloaded some stuff, but nothing seemed to change - in the app I only had access to the standard set of clothes which was there from the start.
Some time ago I downloaded one by one pieces of clothes from community resources and saved them manually. When reinstalling the app and deleting the folders I saved this content in a different folder.
So I copied these to Clothes folder in the Makehuman data folder, the one on OneDrive. All clothes gone again.
J_Art

Return to Newbies