Re: unable to access clothes assets

Postby lizee123 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:38 am

What's going on, I can't access it.

heardle
lizee123

Postby Kencrat » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:58 am

I want to know, are there any specific instructions? pizza tower
Last edited by Kencrat on Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kencrat

Postby Ricardo2020 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:17 pm

Welcome to the community. We are here to help.

I have had this issue in the past. I could see everything that got put in before a certain asset was added, and then, BOOM! Everything was gone except the stuff from before that last download. Arghhhh. The fix was not an easy one and it was rather time consuming in that I had to rebuild my assets/clothes directory.

Before you begin, it is essential to understand how MakeHuman loads assets. MakeHuman has two main folders. One is in your user/documents. The other is in your system files. Depending on your OS, this is going to be usr/share in Linux or Program Files in Windows. I can't remember where it is on a MAC, but that is like UNIX (which is like Linux) so it will be in the system somewhere.

The system files are usually "read only" in Linux. Not sure about MAC or Windows. The files in the user space are full access. You must be an admin or root to edit the system stuff, but the user space is wide open to anyone. MakeHuman puts its core files in the system, but there are a lot of files in the user space. When you add assets to MakeHuman, they go in the user space by default. This makes them easy to edit.

There are a number of assets that, when downloaded, corrupt the user space in MakeHuman. I cannot remember exactly which assets are ugly this way. But the solution is quite simple. It involves basic file management. Let's get started.

First, take the clothes files out of the user space and put them in a temporary folder you create where you can find them. Leave this folder open on the desktop. Open the clothes folder and leave it open on the desk, too. Now you have two folder windows open along with the MakeHuman window. Think of the temp folder as the source and the user space folder as the destination.

Working with one asset folder at a time, cut a temp asset folder and paste it into the user space folder. MakeHuman will instantly know it is there, so you should see it when you open the clothing tab. If not, click a different tab and then re-click the clothing tab.

Keep doing this for each asset in the temp folder until you get to the one which borks the program. it will instantly corrupt the clothing list. Delete that file and its folder from the user space. Keep repeating the workflow until you have restored the user space clothing files. When done, you should see all your assets. You can now delete that temp folder which you created. All should be good to go now.

I hope this helps get you back on track. If not, let us know how else we can assist you.
Paddle faster. I hear charango music!
Ricardo2020

Postby kimliam90 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:09 pm

Dantotsu is the perfect on-the-go companion for anime and manga fans who want to stay current with their preferred series. This user-friendly app integrates with Anilist, making it easy to track your progress and see what content your friends are enjoying. With Dantotsu, catching up on new episodes and chapters of your favorite anime and manga is simple, whenever and wherever you want.
kimliam90

Previous

Return to Newbies