[Solved]How to add pose thumbnail and keep figure on ground?

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

[Solved]How to add pose thumbnail and keep figure on ground?

Postby spreadcore » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:51 pm

Hi, I'm trying to make my own poses, Two questions.

1. I exported a mhx2 file out of makehuman ( with default bones), Imported into blender and posed. Then exported as bvh file (export set to scale 1, frames 1 only, Euler native and root translation only is unchecked) and then placed in pose folder.

The pose appears in the menu and works but there's no thumbnail just the default icon, How do I add the thumbnail?

2. Also when I apply the pose, the model rises up. How do I stop that or drop it back to the ground plane?
Update:
I found the answer, Since I was using the 2.79b version of blender. I needed the fix file for the Blender BVH exporter translation offset bug (old Bug#758) Once I replaced the file (export_bvh.py) with the fixed one, it works fine.

Thank you.

pose ques 001.jpg
pose question 001
Last edited by spreadcore on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
spreadcore

Re: How do you add pose thumbnail and keep figure on ground?

Postby Ricardo2020 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:45 pm

I can answer the thumbnail part but not the foot on ground part.

To get a thumbnail, apply the pose to your toon and grab the screen using the grab tool on the tool bar (it looks like a little camera.)

The file will store as a PNG with the name being the date into the Grab folder in your MakeHuman home folder.

Open this file in the GIMP or whatever image editor you have and scale it to 500x500 pixels or the closest approximation thereof.

Export the file with the name of your pose given to it during export. Let it go to your Grab folder.

From there, rename the DOS extension from .png to .thumb .

Copy the file into your Poses folder.

Voila! The thumbnail will appear the next time you hit the pose tab in MakeHuman.
Paddle faster. I hear charango music!
Ricardo2020

Postby spreadcore » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:31 pm

Ricardo2020 wrote:I can answer the thumbnail part but not the foot on ground part.

To get a thumbnail, apply the pose to your toon and grab the screen using the grab tool on the tool bar (it looks like a little camera.)

The file will store as a PNG with the name being the date into the Grab folder in your MakeHuman home folder.

Open this file in the GIMP or whatever image editor you have and scale it to 500x500 pixels or the closest approximation thereof.

Export the file with the name of your pose given to it during export. Let it go to your Grab folder.

From there, rename the DOS extension from .png to .thumb .

Copy the file into your Poses folder.

Voila! The thumbnail will appear the next time you hit the pose tab in MakeHuman.

Thank you! That worked well.
spreadcore

Postby Ricardo2020 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:18 am

You are most welcome. Glad to be of service.
Paddle faster. I hear charango music!
Ricardo2020

Postby spreadcore » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:38 am

In regard to the question.
(Also when I apply the pose, the model rises up. How do I stop that or drop it back to the ground plane?)

I found the answer, Since I was using the 2.79b version of blender. I needed the fix file for the Blender BVH exporter translation offset bug (old Bug#758) Once I replaced the file (export_bvh.py) with the fixed one, it works fine.
spreadcore

Return to Newbies