Using MakeHuman for teaching meditation

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Using MakeHuman for teaching meditation

Postby michael108 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:39 am

Hi,

I want to use MakeHuman for illustrating some meditation techniques and processes during them. But the problem is that I'm pure programmer and (at least yet) am not used to Blender. I was programming for Unity, now I'm working with STM32 MCUs.

What I want to do:

1. To ilustrate straightening of the spine. Here I need to show the movement of vertebres and correspondent movement of the body. Maybe, the movement of vertebres will be enough if they are connected to body skin.

2. To illustrate the full yogic breathing. Here it would be nice to show movements of ribs and body, too, but just movement of the body will be ok.

I have looked for some tutorials about breathing animation in Blender, but was not satisfied with them. They are too simpified, and I need to show the movements of different parts of the body -- separately and together.

I will highly appreciate advises for proper placing bones and their weights in Blender. Any other help (especially practical :lol: ) is also welcomed.
michael108

Re: Using MakeHuman for teaching meditation

Postby joepal » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:44 pm

Unfortunately, I don't see any way around this short of doing some sort of artistic work. Posing is done artistically, not programmatic.

If you install MPFB2 (see https://github.com/makehumancommunity/m ... ckstart.md) you can quickly get a posed character in blender without the roundtrip around makehuman.

Having created a human, set skin and added a rig (preferrably the "default" rig), you'll see something like this:

posing1.png

You can then enter pose mode by choosing this in the drop-down.

posing2.png

Then it's a question of selecting the bone one by one and clicking the "r" key to rotate them, so that you get a straightened spine:

posing3.png

If you want, you can store the pose for later re-use by going to the "create assets" -> "makepose" and enter a new name for it. It can then later be re-applied by going to "rigging" -> "apply pose".
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby michael108 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:40 pm

Dear joepal,

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you say and why, but coding is more preferable for me :)

After some thinking I came to the idea to write a program which would make the necessary poses and animations for me. The main idea is to orient vectors of bones and their positions so that the final result would be acceptable for me. I can use for that a technique which is similar for GAN or something else. But for that I need two models: human skeleton and humann body which are interrelated. I tried to find such a pair of models on MakeHuman, but without success.

Could you please advise me such models?
michael108

Postby tomcat » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:01 am

michael108 wrote:But for that I need two models: human skeleton and humann body which are interrelated.

Maybe this program will help you Z-Anatomy.

By the way, they are looking for a programmer.
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Postby joepal » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:10 pm

There is actually a skeleton "clothes" you can use: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/clothes/skeleton.html

If you apply that, the body will appear as replaced by the skeleton model.

It's probably not very biologically accurate, but maybe it solves your problem?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby michael108 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:21 am

Thank you for your suggestions!

I think that I will try to use Z-Anatomy first. Anyway it will take some time to understand what and how to do to get what I want.

Good luck!
michael108

Return to Newbies