Need a kind advice for creation of topologies

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Re: Need a kind advice for creation of topologies

Postby drahozin » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:39 pm

Thank you! I was not able to select separately body and cloth in Blender, but I see that body and cloth are logically separated in .OBJ file, so quite a simple Python script can extract body and cloth into separate .OBJ files. (It's simpler for me to process .OBJ in Python than to learn Blender :) )
Anyway, I added some logging into MakeHuman code to check where geometries are stored, etc.

Actually, I solved (partially) a problem with my legacy and found that my .OBJ have just default MakeHuman skin (14444 vertices) but as a joke I have found 5778 geometry pixels without corresponding faces (yes, legacy). I made a visualization of these vertices in Python and got the following picture:
free_yz.png

It looks very similar to internal collision geometry:
collision figure.png
collision figure.png (42.67 KiB) Viewed 1495 times

My question: is it a standard mesh for MakeHuman? (I have only its vertices, not faces, so I wonder if I can get faces somewhere).
Python internals show me that MakeHuman holds internally some structure with 1064 vertices, not 5778. If this 5778-vertices structure is held somehow in MakeHuman, I easy drill into MakeHuman code to put this internal mesh to disk in .OBJ format. I believe it should be deformed after the body skin changes. Or I can add it as a cloth proxy to mesh with 14444+5778 vertices, which is necessary for my legacy.

Can you point me somewhere to get this 5778-vertices geometry?
drahozin

Postby punkduck » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:41 pm

Well I documented our mesh, but lets try to figure out where you got your values from ...

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:Basemesh

The default skin only has 13380 vertices. So the rest matches your 5778 ... because this is the exact number of helper vertices.
For obj-export, click on select helper-geometry, if you need that.

Typically the base character already has hi-poly eyes added in MakeHuman just not to look like a zombie and scare the user ;) .
Set eyes to none. My ASCII obj-file then reduced from 14444 lines starting with 'v' to the 13380 lines (so vertices) when I only export the body.
punkduck

Postby drahozin » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:58 am

Oh, thank you!

I have seen this doc but I missed it somehow.
I also I have that I can include helper points in OBJ file :(, I've got it.
drahozin

Previous

Return to Newbies