Make Clothes 2 question

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Re: Make Clothes 2 question

Postby MatCreator » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:17 pm

yay =) i did it!

after getting things to work, i ran into some drama with textures/makeskin2, but i found its better to just load the material thats made with the clothes file and edit that afterwards so the item loads with the correct texture. is that the correct way? took forever to figure out why the clothes were becoming invisible or just showing white. im going to run thru the process a few more times to make sure i have the system down.

thanks so much =)
Attachments
grab_2021-03-18_12.12.04.png
first textured clothing item =)
MatCreator

Postby Elvaerwyn » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:24 pm

Greetings,
When I first logged on I only saw your first reply and was to start answering best I could lol! Every post after was another question, then you seem to have solved all of your problems! Kudos!! Anyway I still will address a few questions here in effort to continue your journey in relative peace ;0

Bones-never used bones for makeclothes at all, but they are ok to add makehuman side and should not affect the clothing makehuman side at all. Proxy likely may...

Pose is ok, T pose model is fine for porting, I use the T pose for things like fringes on arms all the time! Topology however is something that can cause issues without a lot of work.

Im not sure what you mean about using mesh in other program? But the base mesh is a mix of female and male bodies /unisex. Therefore it is not suitable for most male or female instances It is not ideal for porting in lots of cases either.

Makeskin works quite well, have not worked with it much except for reverse engineering during my post process-but it is quite viable. Materials can also be made on the material tab in makehuman with existing textures. As long as you export the uv layout blender side you can make a material texture for this in gimp/ps etc also.

Pokethroughs or clipping as its called in the industry is common yes, this can be helped using delete group or z depth, play with it a lil but know some is normal and can be fixed in other programs in post process.

Sidenote: first textured successfully ported clothes in makehuman look great! Congrats :D

Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby MatCreator » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:39 am

thanks for all your help =)

if we cant use bones, how would we get the figure in a t-pose before sending over to blender?

also, i revisited the first texture and added it as a material for the community. i think once the suit is loaded you can switch between either material presets.
MatCreator

Postby MatCreator » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:15 pm

can you explain a bit more about deleting groups and z-depth? im doing ok in the creation process, but am getting a lot of pokethru and poly distortion in makehuman. does this happen because of how the clothing item is created? im assuming if i dont catch it when the figure and cloth is loaded before sending, that all should be well, but not the case... i know its common, happens in poser, daz studio, and even character creator, but it can be fixed within the program, i dont know a remedy in makehuman, even though id be taking the clothed figure out of makehuman, i just want to know how to avoid problems down the line.
MatCreator

Postby Elvaerwyn » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:09 am

Greetings,

Delete group makes it so that whatever body part is under the clothing is not visible at all in the areas assigned to the delete group.
refer to this documentation:
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... tex-Groups

Z depth assigns the clothing to know how far away from the body to be, either skin tight or very loose can be assigned with this
refer to this part of the documentation and the illustration
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... ce_clothes

I also am putting screenshot showing how to select these in mc

Elv
Attachments
delete.png
delete and zdepth
delete.png (12.03 KiB) Viewed 2170 times
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby MatCreator » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:25 am

thank you. im going to pause creating for now to marinate on what you said. hopefully my creations can be fixed rather than discarded.
MatCreator

Previous

Return to Newbies