Disabling automatic subdivision modifier

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Disabling automatic subdivision modifier

Postby DrHell » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:36 pm

Good morning,
I tried to post the same question in community, but apparently something went wrong, since I can't see it.
Anyway...
Is there a way to disable the automatic addition of subdivision modifiers that we get when we import the models in blender?
Said in another way: I want to import my human model in blender without subdivision modifiers and then, eventually, add it manually.

Exporting in another format and then importing in blender does indeed remove the subdivision modifiers, but it creates other problems.

Thanks.
DrHell

Re: Disabling automatic subdivision modifier

Postby DrHell » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:48 pm

Nevermind. Stupid me.
There is a perfectly working option in "settings" in the Blender Addon.
I don't delete the post only in case someone else should make a search about it in future.
DrHell

Postby punkduck » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:57 pm

Hi

I dunno, I approved it and made it visible. I also answered it.

Btw.: It is not really stupid. Smoothing in MakeHuman for export only makes sense if the target program cannot handle this itself ...

Otherwise it has more disadvantages than advantages tbh.
punkduck

Postby Elvaerwyn » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:01 pm

Dr hell you are not being prejudiced against and double post is understandable, there is a need for new users to be approved before their postings will show to everyone! Ty for your questions and welcome!
Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby DrHell » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:46 pm

Thanks, and sorry for the double posting (yes, now I can see it).

My mistake was mainly in trying to find the option in MakeHuman without even thinking about looking in the addon (on my defense that was someway justified, since I tried even to import the model directly using a .mhx2, and it sill had the same problem, so I thought the sub modifier was added somewhere in MakeHuman itself, and I started to look its setting and ini file :D )

Actually setting the starting value to 0 in the settings has worked perfectly for me, since it both adds the modifiers, without me needing to add them manually, and doesn't use them without "my explicit consent" to say so.

Thanks for your patience and great work for the software and the models! (I know the name "punkduck" from the contributors, and I guess "Elv", another name that I saw many times in the models, is short for Elvaeryn)
DrHell

Postby loki1950 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:49 am

There is even a button icon on top row to toggle it on an off ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Return to Newbies