Rigging does not work with clothes assets

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Rigging does not work with clothes assets

Postby Robitron » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:47 am

So it's been quite awhile since I've used MH or Blender and am trying to learn to walk again so it seems.

I've downloaded the latest MH and Blender 2.90.1 and am running into some issues. I figured out how to do the communication between MH and Blender fairly easily but the rigging seems wrong. I like the way that MHX2 had the rigs set up and perhaps that's why this one seems wrong. Besides that, however, the ik rig has no constraints that I can find and are very difficult to select since the ik handles appear to overlap the bone they are connected to.

Rigging I.png

Is this by design or is there something I'm overlooking?

Also, below is an image that shows that the clothes assets do not seem to be parented to the rig. This clothing was created long ago but it should still work with the rig, right? It imported with the character without any issues.

Rigging Issues in Blender.png
Robitron

Re: Rigging does not work with clothes assets

Postby nomorecookies » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:55 am

It should have worked 'out of the box'. I mean i just put some clothes on a model, used the MakeHuman Plugin for Blender and imported using default settings and the clothing is moving properly with the model. in fact, the weight painting is amazingly good.
One thing i can suggest, the blender 2.9 series has a Lot of bugs. perhaps stick with 2.83.x LTS until things get worked out.
as far as the IK, i do not have experience there, mostly for the same reasons. thing seem a bit wonky in that department.
nomorecookies

Re: Rigging does not work with clothes assets

Postby Robitron » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:52 pm

nomorecookies wrote:It should have worked 'out of the box'. I mean i just put some clothes on a model, used the MakeHuman Plugin for Blender and imported using default settings and the clothing is moving properly with the model. in fact, the weight painting is amazingly good.
One thing i can suggest, the blender 2.9 series has a Lot of bugs. perhaps stick with 2.83.x LTS until things get worked out.
as far as the IK, i do not have experience there, mostly for the same reasons. thing seem a bit wonky in that department.

Okay thanks. I'll try to go back to 2.83 then and see how that goes.
Robitron

Return to Newbies