Getting/exporting body measurement size

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Getting/exporting body measurement size

Postby xkdlsxm2 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:08 pm

Hello,

I am very new to MH world.

I am doing smart clothing project and need to know exact body size of my model, and in order to make my life easier, I want to export them automatically, not by myself manually.
I can check in the MH, but I do not know how to export the body measurement.
What I want to know is that,

bust circum, waist circum, nape to waist, waist to hip and shoulder dist of torso,
hip circum of hip.

Is there any way to get those measurement by exporting?
Then, I will import to blender and inkscape so, it would be better if exported file is compatible to these programs.

Plus, the length of bust circum is not one direct circle line but it has convex curves under arm.
However, I want to measure exact one direct circle length not convex shape.

Thank you very much in advance, :)

Sincerely,
Jinho Kim

PS. I want to post picture of bust circum in order to make understand more clear, but I do not know how to post pictures on this post.
xkdlsxm2

Re: Getting/exporting body measurement size

Postby RobBaer » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:21 pm

xkdlsxm2 wrote:Hello,

I am very new to MH world.

I am doing smart clothing project and need to know exact body size of my model, and in order to make my life easier, I want to export them automatically, not by myself manually.
I can check in the MH, but I do not know how to export the body measurement.
What I want to know is that,

bust circum, waist circum, nape to waist, waist to hip and shoulder dist of torso,
hip circum of hip.

Is there any way to get those measurement by exporting?
Then, I will import to blender and inkscape so, it would be better if exported file is compatible to these programs.

Thank you very much in advance, :)

Sincerely,
Jinho Kim

In general, those measures are NOT precise (exact), and so I think you will be disappointed using them for a smart clothing project. Internally, MH uses a relative measuring system. These measures are derived estimates. That said, you might be able to write some python code using the MHAPI interface, and run them using the utilities > scripting and utility > execute tabs.

Even so, I'm not certain that these numbers are exposed by MHAPI without doing some digging. This thread might be useful: http://makehumancommunity.org/forum/vie ... 583#p45922
RobBaer

Re: Getting/exporting body measurement size

Postby Severalun » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:36 pm

I get how you feel, mate! I started recently too, and I find it useful to use online measurement tools to do my calculations. It's actually funny, but I love using converters that automate even my calculations to convert kg to lbs. If you have complex mathematical equations there are also different kinds of tools and calculators to help you do it faster. It's not that I can't do the calculations myself, but I would rather use the time for more important tasks throughout the day. You might have some equations you would like to avoid like, so have a go.
Severalun

Return to Newbies