Geometries and Clothes

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Geometries and Clothes

Postby eddy99 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:02 am

Hi, I have been using MakeHuman for a while now and it it working near perfectly.
I have just one problem when I use Community to download cloths they appear in Geometries.
There are lots of clothes in Asset Type Material and when downloaded they don't appear in Geometries.
Where do they go and is there a way for the Material/Cloths downloads to appear in Geometries ??

Thanks Eddy
eddy99

Re: Geometries and Clothes

Postby MTKnife » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:08 am

First of all, how are you downloading them? Manually, from the "Assets" pages, or using the community downloader within MakeHuman?
MTKnife

Postby eddy99 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:31 am

Hi, I am using the community downloader within MakeHuman.

Thanks Eddy
eddy99

Postby MTKnife » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:08 am

Oh, right, I see now you said that, and I also see your specific problem was with materials.

The materials for a given piece of clothing usually go in the same directory as that piece of clothing, though it's possible to put them in a special materials directory that covers all clothes (and there's an equivalent one for other types of assets). Within a clothing directory, materials can be put in a special "material" sub-directory, which makes for a tidier structure, but can cause problems if alternate materials share files (such as normal maps) with the default material.

IIRC, you may run into trouble with some older materials that were uploaded before the assets database recorded which assets they belonged to. There may also still be an issue with materials for built-in assets (some clothes, and things like eyes)--in those cases, the materials get put into a non-functional sub-directory of "data" (I think this is still true?), and you need to move them into the right spots: they go right where the parent assets would be located if they were in the user data hierarchy rather than the built-in hierarchy.
MTKnife

Postby mollietilley » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:46 pm

I'm having difficulty with geometries too. It was working fine and I was downloading assets from the community tab within MakeHuman. And then when I went to check if the files I had downloaded were in the geometries they weren't there AND all of the other clothing options had disappeared?

How do I fix this issue?

Thank you
mollietilley

Return to Newbies