Makehuman 0.8

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Makehuman 0.8

Postby BIOLOG » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:10 am

Greetings all!

I'm not a complete newbie, as I have used makehuman about a year ago to create some models.
The problem I have at the moment, is that I downloaded a newest version in order to model a couple of my friends in 3d, and although the interface seems a lot better and more user friendly, I it does seem to have a bit less features (i.e. you cannot open mouth, and there are a bit less controlls, especially for the lips and cheeks. Therefore I have two questions:

1)Is there some place I can download makehuman 0.8, or whatever was the going version last winter (as in winter 2006-2007);

2)If I would then create a model in version 0.8, can I then open it in 0.9, and maybe fine-tune it a bit, or are the model formats incompatible?

Many Thanks for your Help!

{REGARDS}

BIOLOG

P.S. Of cause it is possible that I'm daft and can't use 0.9 properly, in which case if someone could point out what i'm doing wrong, it would be much appreciated.
BIOLOG

Re: Makehuman 0.8

Postby pistacja » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:43 pm

The current version has less options then the last one, so it's not your lack of skill. I don't know where you can download the old one, it's been gone from the official MH pages since the new one poped up. I only found a link to the very-old-blender-plugin-type-o-makehuman: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Scrip ... Make_Human . Anyway even if you'll find it, its not compatible with the new one (just as the current one will probably not be with the future one) due to the changes in the mesh (and maybe file format?).
I know I'm not a big help but I try my best ;)
This post was made thanks to Me, Myself and I.
pistacja

Return to Newbies