Can I have an extremely simplified walkthrough?

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Re: Can I have an extremely simplified walkthrough?

Postby BaronVonGott » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:40 pm

I just now saw Loki's message. Let me delete and replace the Hulk skin and look for this editor thing. Jeez, I feel like an idiot. I just want to make some people, let me pop a few aspirin and try this again.
"The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy." - Woodrow Wilson
BaronVonGott

Postby BaronVonGott » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:47 pm

It won't let me download Notepad ++. It just wants to install it on my phone because it's running Chrome. My laptop is completely offline. No WiFi or internet connection.
"The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy." - Woodrow Wilson
BaronVonGott

Postby BaronVonGott » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:59 pm

I think I got it. I just downloaded this thing: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/v7.8.4/ I'm hoping this is the correct one, I just got the most recent build.
BaronVonGott

Postby loki1950 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:04 am

That's the one and glad you clarified that your laptop has no internet connection that just means we need to be aware of that when we answer your questions so you are using your phone to download all of the assets which is probably one of the reasons you are having so many issues when downloading the texture images make sure you use "Save link as" to actually get the image file not just the web page's .html which is what happens with M$ Edge and Apple's Safari.And do remember that computers are stupid they only do what some human programmed them to do and those humans do make mistakes as well I wrote my first code way back in the sixties so I've forgotten a lot of stuff about computers as being no longer relevant :ugeek: but the first principles stick like "Garbage in garbage out"

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby BaronVonGott » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:12 am

"Garbage in, garbage out" The words of the late, great Carlin, my friend. I did the save link as, but I didn't always wait for the file to finish loading before I downloaded it. I was in a hurry to get all the stuff and make some people and post ludicrous comics and posts. I'm using Android I think. And things being no longer relevant hits pretty close to home. I remember back when dwarf tossing was acceptable and McDonald's had ashtrays on the tables.
BaronVonGott

Postby loki1950 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:30 am

Actually GIGO goes back to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_von_Neumann one of the first computer scientist George just borrowed it 8-) like I said I have forgotten the unrelevant stuff and GIGO is always relevant along with Murphy's Law.

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby BaronVonGott » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:45 am

I was always used to hearing Carlin say it. I got a video of his from YouTube that's the best of George Carlin speaking out against the US government. It's still relevant now. The people who run the country get dumber every 4 years it seems. Murphy's Law is "Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong", right? Maybe I'm thinking of a different one.
BaronVonGott

Postby loki1950 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:26 pm

And at the worst possible time I have two little books "Murphy's Law and other reasons why things go wrong" and a second volume they where published in 1979 so out of print one from the second book Conway's Law "In any organisation there will always be one person who knows what is going on .That person must be fired"

loki1950

Postby BaronVonGott » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:49 pm

That's what bothers me. The ruling class can't be as stupid as they seem. Anyone with common sense would cut America's military budget by about 2/3, and use that
money to rebuild disaster areas like New Orleans and Detroit. Build bullet trains like they have in Japan to create jobs to stimulate the economy, but no. Our leaders are idiots that buy elections and votes instead and are focused more on building walls of prejudice to separate people instead of trying to help homeless Americans and veterans. Also, a lot of times you can find rare or out of print books by looking for the title and author and following it with PDF on Google. I got about 1,500 various books this way. Mainly classic fiction and old magazines from the 1930s. You can't find every book for free, but a lot of them are available. Project Gutenberg also makes online books for free.
BaronVonGott

Previous

Return to Newbies