Blender Import expressions and shape keys

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Blender Import expressions and shape keys

Postby AssetDK » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:14 pm

I managed to get the "sync" working between Blender 2.8 and MH 1.2 - but I am stuck when trying to get the poses and the 'shape keys', in short I have no idea what to do! These are the instructions on Github:

Sync pose

In addition to MakeHuman running & accepting socket connections, the current model must have the Default, or Default No Toes skeleton selected. The skeleton running in Blender must match. If possible, you should use the same MH model that was used to do the export. The current pose and expression are transferred to Blender. If feet were exported on the ground, check the Feet on Ground check just below. This will clear the location on the root bone. Many of the poses have location changes to root, so either way some pose adjustment will be required. Expression transfers will all work fine, though.

Many expressions, e.g. Anger01, have location translation on locked bones. To allow this translation to occur ensure the No Location Translation checkbox remains unchecked. Allowing translation will result in poses which more closely resemble those in MakeHuman. There is one side effect, though. Clearing locations for these bones, Alt-G, will not work. Syncing again when MakeHuman's expression is set to None is one way to restore Alt-G.

But from that I did not totally understand what to do :oops: , so here it is:

Expressions

0. You have created a new Character and it is based on the default skeleton! MH is running and so is Blender 2.8
1. You run 'Import human' from the makehuman tools.
2. select 'human/pose' under scene collenction, and create a new 'poselib' (default name)under 'pose library'... by pressing "new"
3. Under expression transfer select 'Pose library' and now you can press the transfer button.
4. After a few seconds the process starts, and you will soon see the different poses under "PoseLib"
5. with the PoseLib you can see the different expressions by clicking the looking-glass icon.

Shape keys

When selecting 'Shape keys' under expression transfer you activate the transfer button by selecting say human/human, and the process seems to run. However regardless of what I have selected and transferred I can't find any shape keys. :cry:

could some please update my instructions above, and perhaps make the same list for shape keys?
AssetDK

Re: Blender Import expressions and shape keys

Postby billjamzz » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:25 pm

I know its an old post, but did you ever find a solution to importing MH expressions as Shape Keys in blender? pose lib works fine, just trying to understand the shape keys.
billjamzz

Return to Newbies