Assets not appearing

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Assets not appearing

Postby melodyypond » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi everyone. I'm new to Make Human, but I'm loving it. I downloaded a few assets, but some didn't appear on the program, like for example, some textures and expressions. Maybe that means that the file doesn't exist anymore?
melodyypond

Re: Assets not appearing

Postby loki1950 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:43 pm

So where in your file system did you put those downloaded assets if you on Windows they should in the appropriate folder under My Documents\makehuman\v1\data .

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby melodyypond » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:21 am

I loaded directly on the community tab. Most of the downloaded files it appeared right after I downloaded, and some files didn't, which I thought it was weird. lol
melodyypond

Postby joepal » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:20 am

Note that the name of a downloaded asset might be different than its title. So if you downloaded "cool and fancy women's hat", it might appear in the list as "female hat".
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Elvaerwyn » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:23 am

I have played with the new asset downloader and used the old one recently. The assets downloaded are seemingly a little off atm. I have had assets that would not load at all, assets that loaded after downloading multiple times and assets that relate to base material files not downloading at all or not being associated with asset they belong to. An example is my cornrows hair when downloaded on my other windows system the materials did not make it until several downloads. Another example is eyes and hair materials not downloading or associating with the hair and eyes whatsoever.
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby RobBaer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Thanks for the feedback. The asset downloader has/is been/being modified to work from a new download source. We are sorry for the disruption this may temporarily cause, but in the end things should be faster and slicker.

Please continue supplying reproducible specifics so we can fix any gliches. In the meantime, sorry for the inconvenience :(
RobBaer

Postby MargaretToigo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:24 pm

I have noticed that materials intended for the built-in MakeHuman assets won't download on my system because those files are stored under Windows/ProgramFiles, which has different permissions than the folder for downloaded MakeHuman assets.
MargaretToigo

Postby joepal » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:02 pm

For all glitches and issues with the asset downloader, it'd be helpful to get problems reported here: https://github.com/makehumancommunity/c ... oad/issues

Obviously most assets should download properly. However, there are examples where a mistake inside an asset descriptor (MHMAT, MHCLO...) will prevent it from working properly after download. One example is when the author of an asset has uploaded it with absolute paths ("diffuseTexture = c:\users\myusername\documents\makehuman\v1\data\clothes\myasset\diffuse.png") inside the asset file, rather than relative paths ("diffuseTexture = diffuse.png").

The third party materials not working for core assets problem is known, and it is on the roadmap to be fixed before a stable release.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to Newbies