Keeping proportions/filtering body parts?

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Keeping proportions/filtering body parts?

Postby LankyLagger » Tue May 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Hey, I'm new here and I'd like to start by saying, amazing piece of software!

I am however having a little problem. I'm using MH to create male and female characters for a game using UE4. The proportions between the two characters are of utmost importance to gameplay (they need to use the same rig and collision boxes). I would like to keep the hands/fingers, head, and feet of both models in the same place with the same scales while applying other changes, The larger body parts aren't quite as important so they can have some slight differences plus I can tweak those manually with the sliders. Is there any way to filter body parts from being changed/keep them in position while making edits? Failing this, is there a way I can load 2 characters in over the top of each other so I have a reference while making edits?
LankyLagger

Re: Keeping proportions/filtering body parts?

Postby RobBaer » Tue May 15, 2018 1:46 pm

LankyLagger wrote:Hey, I'm new here and I'd like to start by saying, amazing piece of software!

I am however having a little problem. I'm using MH to create male and female characters for a game using UE4. The proportions between the two characters are of utmost importance to gameplay (they need to use the same rig and collision boxes). I would like to keep the hands/fingers, head, and feet of both models in the same place with the same scales while applying other changes, The larger body parts aren't quite as important so they can have some slight differences plus I can tweak those manually with the sliders. Is there any way to filter body parts from being changed/keep them in position while making edits? Failing this, is there a way I can load 2 characters in over the top of each other so I have a reference while making edits?

It sounds like a program such as Motion Builder might be useful for your task, but that was not your question ...

You can attach a rig that works across morphs and exports with the model using Pose/Animate | Skeleton. The default rig has fingers and it has face bones.

There is no direct way to keep the size of fingers, heads constant across models because the macro sliders can change a number of dimensions simultaneously.

You can, however, access reference images saved in: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\makehuman\v1\backgrounds (Windows; somewhat different on Mac and Linux) using the Settings | Background tabs. hopefully this will help with your task.
RobBaer

Return to Newbies