Export Makehuman to Photoshop

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Export Makehuman to Photoshop

Postby flute » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:26 pm

Hello,
Currently I use Makehuman to model a character, then I make a screenshot, I recover with Photoshop my model in makehuman \ v1 \ grab ; then I work this model in Photoshop, starting with a clipping and then some settings, which allows me to get my image.
I would like to have if there is a way to export to Photoshop that is less complicated, including avoiding me the clipping.
I specify that I only make fixed images (comics).
Thank you in advance for your advice.
flute

Re: Export Makehuman to Photoshop

Postby RobBaer » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:58 pm

I don't know for sure I understand your end goal, but if it is to get a 2d image of the model with a transparent background, try positioning the model in the viewport, and then choose Rendering > Render and finally save as to your desired folder.
RobBaer

Postby flute » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:49 pm

Thank you for your quick reply,
You understood my question correctly; it's really about exporting a 2d image to Photoshop with a transparent background. I followed your advice and used Rendering> Render, but I only got one black sihouette. I tried to go into Utilities> Scene Editor and change the light settings, without result. Can you tell me the procedure to follow? Thank you in advance. Greetings.
flute

Postby Elvaerwyn » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:56 pm

I use gimp mainly avoid PS, but to remove a background from any image- especially if it has a single color background as you describe is black it is quite easy. In gimp my workflow would be to add an alpha channel to image, if it was lacking one, then fuzzy select the color that is to go away. Then I hit delete, and the remaining image should be your relief from mh model ready to be placed onto another image as layer.
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby flute » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Thank you for your reply,
Yes, with PS I practice almost the same way, if I understood correctly. Screenshot, then use the magic eraser to delete the background. But I wanted to know if, in Makehuman, there was a way to export the character without a background, directly, because sometimes I find the clipping tedious and the contour a little dented.
Thank you in any case and greetings.
flute

Postby RobBaer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:57 am

flute wrote:Thank you for your quick reply,
You understood my question correctly; it's really about exporting a 2d image to Photoshop with a transparent background. I followed your advice and used Rendering> Render, but I only got one black sihouette.

It sounds like a problem with your graphics card. What do you have? Are the drivers up to date?

If it is an Intel card with updated drivers you may be stuck with insufficient driver support for the opemGL shaders used by MakeHuman. One workaround that should work for you is to start MakeHuman with the --no shaders option. See:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... help_me%3F
RobBaer

Postby flute » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:44 pm

Thank you for your reply,
I already did this: when I started with Makehuman, the eyes of my characters remained empty and the clothes were all blue, without any nuance. So I followed the advice given on FAQ of the web, I updated my intel card, no results. Then I downloaded the no shaders version of Makehuman, and here I got the right colors for eyes and clothes. But that does not change anything for rendering, where I always get a black silhouette. Do you have any other advice? Thank you in advance. Greetings.
flute

Postby Elvaerwyn » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:01 pm

Can you post an image of what you describe? I tried using rendering technique to save to desktop and opened it in image software and there was no background at all it was proper alpha. The model appears as though it has lines drawn around it but this is simply shading that came with it I think?
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby flute » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:57 pm

Good evening,
Thank you for reacting so quickly. I send you the silhouette that I get with the rendering. As you see, actually no background, but no color or light ... What do you think? https://imgur.com/f4H598J
flute

Postby RobBaer » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:32 pm

flute wrote:I already did this: when I started with Makehuman, the eyes of my characters remained empty and the clothes were all blue, without any nuance. So I followed the advice given on FAQ of the web, I updated my intel card, no results. Then I downloaded the no shaders version of Makehuman, and here I got the right colors for eyes and clothes. But that does not change anything for rendering, where I always get a black silhouette. Do you have any other advice? Thank you in advance. Greetings.

Just to double check, you are running makehuman version 1.1.1?

I think you are telling us by your description that you have serious graphics card issues. Can I guess that you are using a rather old computer? What OS are you using if I might ask? Is this a Windows or a Linux machine?

On Windows go to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\makehuman\v1 or on Linux go to (I think) ~/makehuman\v1 and look at the last lines in makehuman-debug.txt. What does it tell you about your opengl support? What are the values for GL.VENDER, GL.VERSION, GLSL.VERSION, and GL.EXTENSION (if there is one).

Maybe we can learn something to help you avoid the problems you're having some other way, but I fear that this is a hard limitation of your graphics card being dated. If you have one available available to you, I would try the Render thing on a different computer if possible.
RobBaer

Next

Return to Newbies