Problem exporting to Blender

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Problem exporting to Blender

Postby LeonardoParadox » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:22 pm

I just exported the bvh file and the dae file and opened them in blender. But when I rotated one to align with the other there was a ghost left behind. I have very little experience with armatures.

How do I align them properly?

See attachment for picture.
Attachments
Skeleton_problems.png
LeonardoParadox

Re: Problem exporting to Blender

Postby Elvaerwyn » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:08 pm

Im not understanding your workflow properly I believe? Why are you exporting your pose as a separate bvh from the dae file you are using for your model?
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby LeonardoParadox » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:58 pm

Thank you Elvaerwyn. I didnt know there was a way to export them in one go. Could you explain how to do that please?
LeonardoParadox

Postby Elvaerwyn » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:53 am

Np, so my workflow for many collada* purposes is for opensim usage as an avatar, or as statuary. The T poses are required for access to addons in blender and upload to opensim recognized as an avatar not a static object. When I do statuary, static poses are uploaded quite fine also. The pictures illustrate a simple session of this mh-blender side. I do nothing else to achieve this result, I never seperate the poses from the form as bvh files made for makehuman simply dont work out of the box on a sl skeleton.
Attachments
blender_poseillustration.png
showing pose existing in collada body in blender
exportcollada.png
showing export of collada from mh
Elvaerwyn

Postby LeonardoParadox » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:04 am

Elvaerwyn wrote:Np, so my workflow for many collada* purposes is for opensim usage as an avatar, or as statuary. The T poses are required for access to addons in blender and upload to opensim recognized as an avatar not a static object. When I do statuary, static poses are uploaded quite fine also. The pictures illustrate a simple session of this mh-blender side. I do nothing else to achieve this result, I never seperate the poses from the form as bvh files made for makehuman simply dont work out of the box on a sl skeleton.

Which addons are u referring to? And the rest of the above is also unclear to me. Not yet helpful for my purposes. How do u export from mh to blender with the skeleton included. When I tried in mh to click collada and bvh it would not do it.
LeonardoParadox

Postby Elvaerwyn » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:38 am

Your purposes are unclear? That being said, if the skeleton is inside the collada and you export it as stated it will have skeleton and pose inside it in blender! No need to separately click the bvh export for this purpose.
Elvaerwyn

Postby LeonardoParadox » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:00 pm

Thank you for your time. I found apparent success with fbx in blender but dont know how to get the knees to bend?
LeonardoParadox

Postby loki1950 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:23 pm

LeonardoParadox wrote:Thank you for your time. I found apparent success with fbx in blender but dont know how to get the knees to bend?

Select the lower leg bone make sure you are in pose mode(selecting bones should do that automatically) then have fun with rotations of the bone do remember that knee joints only work in one direction ;) I usually have both translation and rotation manipulators toggled makes things a bit quicker.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Return to Newbies