Issues with clothes on mac

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Issues with clothes on mac

Postby formerbusinessowner » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi,

I'm relatively new to MakeHuman, and have been trying to get some simple clothes working to produce experimental stimuli for body perception research.

All I need is trunks for male models, and trunks and a bra for female models.

I have downloaded these from User Contributed Assets (m_swimmingtrunks_02 and sportsbra_01), and inverted the black texture for the trunks to make them white. I downloaded the diffuse texture too and put "_norm" at the end of the file name. All the files for each respective clothing item are stored within their own folder in the clothing directory.

This works perfectly for my PC, but on mac the trunks show up a dark grey colour (the bra is fine)

Does anybody know how to fix this? is there a difference in folder structure for mac?

Thanks in advance
formerbusinessowner

Re: Issues with clothes on mac

Postby joepal » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:46 pm

Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby formerbusinessowner » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:48 pm

Thanks, that looks useful
formerbusinessowner

Postby formerbusinessowner » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:15 pm

joepal wrote:Maybe this is relevant? http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... help_me%3F

Do you know how I can run with no shaders on mac rather than PC? the command line option doesn't work in the mac terminal
formerbusinessowner

Postby punkduck » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:22 pm

formerbusinessowner wrote:Hi,

I'm relatively new to MakeHuman, and have been trying to get some simple clothes working to produce experimental stimuli for body perception research.

All I need is trunks for male models, and trunks and a bra for female models.

I have downloaded these from User Contributed Assets (m_swimmingtrunks_02 and sportsbra_01), and inverted the black texture for the trunks to make them white. I downloaded the diffuse texture too and put "_norm" at the end of the file name. All the files for each respective clothing item are stored within their own folder in the clothing directory.

This works perfectly for my PC, but on mac the trunks show up a dark grey colour (the bra is fine)

Does anybody know how to fix this? is there a difference in folder structure for mac?

Thanks in advance

That's because I also work on a MAC when I created the bra ;)

No just kidding. Or maybe in a way half correct. Interresting to hear that a PC is working different to the MAC because I always thought that the shader is not really working. :?

So I just tested it, the dark color is produced by the phong shader. Go into the material editor (under utilities), select the bra and switch to phong shader, then you have the same problem. For all my assets I use a litsphere to make the normalmap visible. So with Mindfronts swimming trunks, select the same litsphere for the material then it should work.

When you export it to Blender it does not matter that you use a litsphere in MakeHuman, the .mhmat file (btw: it is plain ASCII you can directly compare these files) contains the three entries for specular, diffuse and normalmap anyway.
punkduck

Return to Newbies