Creating experimental stimuli

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Creating experimental stimuli

Postby formerbusinessowner » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:22 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to use MakeHuman to produce some experimental stimuli to study person perception. Hoping to do a perceptual adaptation experiment wherein body size can be adjusted from very skinny to very obese.

For this, I'm basically just making various identities and saving multiple copies, the first has every slider relating to body fat turned right the way down, and each new step has these sliders gradually increasing until there are around 20 versions of the body. I'd then just do a screen-grab of each body on a white background and use these to create the experiment.

I'm wondering if there's a more objective/precise way to go about this rather than just eyeballing the smallest slider movement I can for each new body-size step?

Some sliders will move from minimum to maximum, while others will move from 0-50% etc.

Not a huge issue if there's some variability in the intervals between the bodies, but it may limit what I can conclude experimentally to some extent.

Any input would be greatly appreciated
formerbusinessowner

Re: Creating experimental stimuli

Postby Elvaerwyn » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:47 pm

not sure if this is what you are after buddy but maybe give this a gander
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15081

Also, forgot this tidbit but in the modeling panel there is a rough estimation that is visible in lower left corner of makehuman window under Modeling-Main as seen here
Attachments
info.png
weight measures in corner
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby joepal » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:18 pm

You can script this, there's no need to do it manually. This way you could create any and all combinations of ethnicity, gender, age and weight, and auto-render the toons. And get the steps in exact increments.

If you use the stable release, you should have a scripting tab with some basic pointers on how to set macro targets and make screen grabs.

You need more complex scripting, you could write a new plugin based on MHAPI, see https://github.com/makehumancommunity/c ... gins-mhapi
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby formerbusinessowner » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Thanks, I hadn't seen the scripting option
formerbusinessowner

Return to Newbies