SOLVED: Penis Manipulation

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

SOLVED: Penis Manipulation

Postby Robitron » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:51 am

Okay first let met start off by saying that I have not had a computer for over a year and missed MH sooo much!!! I finally have a laptop now and am surprised by some of the changes. Congratulations on becoming standalone! That's awesome!

Now on to my issue, I'm working on a nude model posing on a block. Unfortunately, I can not find the penis rig so his penis is part way inside his leg (which has to hurt.) Did I mess up in the import? I imported into blender as an mhx2 and the rig I used was the 'export mhx rig' or something along those lines. I don't recall seeing anything in the import panel about importing a penis rig when I chose to give my dude a penis.
Last edited by Robitron on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robitron

Re: Penis Manipulation

Postby punkduck » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:05 pm

We had this question long time ago. I just tried the import presented in the following link, because I want to answer your question (import with overriding presets):

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9661

But I got a python error. Maybe it still works if you try it with your character.

You can also add additional bones yourself. If you do that there are two problems you should be aware of:

1) new bones should be related or connected to the skeleton, otherwise they will stay where they are ...
2) the weights of the penis (and testicles also) are normally influenced by upperleg, spine5 and pelvis bones (standard mhx2-rig). You have to set these weights to zero then and to use the new bones.

And only one bone is not sufficient if you want the penis "work" anatomically correct.

If you only do one picture you should apply the pose and then move the vertices by using proportional edit. I guess in this situation it is the easiest way. Weight-painting for new bones sometimes drives me crazy :?
punkduck

Postby Robitron » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:35 pm

Yeah, bone weighting isn't easy for me either. There used to be hidden bones for the penis in previous versions of MH but apparently not now? I want to do different poses like "The Thinker" and others so I'll need to be able to pose the penis appropriately for each so without a proper rig, it would be hard to do. :(

I'll try what you suggested though about import with overriding presets and see if that does the trick. Thanks.

Edit: I did miss the penis rig in the import settings! Well that settles that. Thanks a lot!
Robitron

Postby joepal » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:01 pm

I don't think MHX2 includes any penis rig these days? I think MHX1 had one, but that was ages ago.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Robitron » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:10 am

joepal wrote:I don't think MHX2 includes any penis rig these days? I think MHX1 had one, but that was ages ago.

No, it's still there. :) I just missed it when I did the import.
Robitron

Return to Newbies