Importing Textures?

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Importing Textures?

Postby Sue_Zan404 » Mon May 23, 2016 1:48 am

This may be a silly question, and, if so, I apologize.

I have a wonderful facial texture for my model, but I can't seem to work out how to import it. What file formats, if any, is MakeHuman capable of importing?

How on earth do I import a file?

:?
Sue_Zan404

Re: Importing Textures?

Postby loki1950 » Mon May 23, 2016 3:27 am

Not so silly go to the Utilities tab then click on the Materials Editor this is where you define materials ie; diffuse,normals,peculiarity etc on the right click the skin box further down are the shaders you wish to use while the left side panel has all on the texture files and definitions you can use .png or .jpeg images I prefer .png as you can get 16 bit colors :) You might what to check if you facial texture maps properly in blender first you might have to overlay it onto the skin texture as MH can only use one material per mesh so the Gimp or Photoshop editing is in order.Have fun 8-)

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby joepal » Mon May 23, 2016 5:34 am

Sue_Zan404 wrote:This may be a silly question, and, if so, I apologize.

I have a wonderful facial texture for my model, but I can't seem to work out how to import it. What file formats, if any, is MakeHuman capable of importing?

How on earth do I import a file?

:?

First, see this: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... extures%3F

The problem isn't the format. The skins are simple PNG images. The problem is the UV map. Your third part skin texture has most likely not the same UV map as the MakeHuman skin. You will have to fit it manually somehow.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby tozan35 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:21 pm

How do you fit in the texture? For I want to replace the make human skin head texture.
I ran into that problem trying to fit a face pic into a make human skin head texture.

Is there some way we can cut out the pic to try to fit it in the make human head texture? For I want to replace the head texture with a nice face
texture but I ran into a problem.

Because I don't have an advanced desktop publishing program to pull down image nodes around the pic in the Gimp to shape the texture The Gimp doesn't have that tool. So You only get 4 nodes when you scale., So I can't add extra nodes to the image to change its shape like you can do in desktop publishing software.

I also need to know if Gimp has a smudge tool that allows you to delete the image that's on top to reveal the image layer that's underneath it. as you have to merge the images together
to create this stretched out head texture.
tozan35

Return to Newbies