MakeTarget HOWTO?

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

MakeTarget HOWTO?

Postby mishmax » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:22 am

Is there a tutorial on making targets for makehuman? I downloaded maketarget2.0 but it has no readme or anything. The best thing I found were the instructions viewtopic.php?f=6&t=125 which I will be trying it out now.

Is there something more detailed? A step by step doc for complete newbies?

Thanks!
mishmax

Re: MakeTarget HOWTO?

Postby mishmax » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:16 am

Ok, I made my own target thanks for the above linked tutorial and this tutorial: http://feeblemind.tuxfamily.org/dotclea ... new-target.

I have no idea how to install it in makehuman though. Any help?
mishmax

Postby Nadow » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:03 am

You have to copy the target-files into the right folder:

\MakeHuman 0.9.1 RC1\data\targets
Desaster Games
// Lead artist
Nadow

Postby WarpZone » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:53 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought MakeTarget 2.0 was intended to make targets for the new, refactored mesh in MakeHuman 2.0? You can't use the newest MakeTarget with an older MakeHuman, right?
WarpZone

Postby Manuel » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:24 am

WarpZone wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought MakeTarget 2.0 was intended to make targets for the new, refactored mesh in MakeHuman 2.0? You can't use the newest MakeTarget with an older MakeHuman, right?

right. But makeTarget will be inclued in next version of Mh, to solve this problem without misunderstands.

Ciao,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby WarpZone » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:00 pm

Can we please get the new MakeTarget now, or as soon as the mesh from June 2008's blog post is ready?

I don't care about MakeHuman's fancy new GUI, I just want a high-quality mesh I can edit to make my own 3D models.
WarpZone

Postby xpundx » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:18 am

Hello Manuel
Is the new base mesh finalized?
What is the new format of the .target file?

Tim
xpundx

Postby xpundx » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:33 am

WarpZone wrote:Can we please get the new MakeTarget now, or as soon as the mesh from June 2008's blog post is ready?

I don't care about MakeHuman's fancy new GUI, I just want a high-quality mesh I can edit to make my own 3D models.

I assume you want to use the blender py script on the new mesh. There would be no rotataions built in to that, at least not yet, so you could only create morphing targets and body settings. The GUI for blender maketarget would be very primative, allowing target selection through a file selector dialog (no images).

If you just want to start with the base mesh in blender to modify it for your needs, the base mesh is in wavefront.obj format and can be imported straight into blender. Simply download the base.obj from the SVN to your computer, open blender and import the file into the current scene.

Tim
xpundx

Postby WarpZone » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:21 pm

Ah, thanks. :) That's more helpful than I expected.

What about the skeleton?
WarpZone

Return to Newbies