Python Error on Marc's Plugin Tutorial

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Python Error on Marc's Plugin Tutorial

Postby KPM » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:41 pm

I do not use vapor-ware. I use script files for everything so there is an audit-trail.

I am a NUG to Python and MH, which I eventually expect to use in the future. I jumped off the deep end with Marc's tutorial 01-Plug-ins. I did not find _example.py, but I did find _example_plugin.py in C:\MyProgramFiles\MakeHuman\plugins. Note: MyProgramFiles is a POSIX link to the usual Windows folder “Program Files” but it is devoid of any spaces in the path to make the full path UNIX (and Python compatible). After a lot of reading of O'Reilly's two Python books, I was able to create script files that get things breathing. So that Python knows where to find the MH script files, especially the first import file “gui3d.py”, in the DOS script file, I have set:

set PYTHONPATH=C:\MyProgramFiles\MakeHuman\mh_core

I now execute _example_plugin.py. Things truck along fine until the process gets to:

File "C:\MyProgramFiles\MakeHuman\mh_core\module3d.py", line 43, in <module> import mh
ImportError: No module named mh

As a NUG, I do not have a clue how to debug this error fault.

Note: there is a Python library file mh.pyd at C:\MyProgramFiles\MakeHuman\mh.pyd

I know something is missing. Any suggestions? Sorry for the verbosity and the NUGosity.

Thanks millions.

Keith.
KPM

Re: Python Error on Marc's Plugin Tutorial

Postby mflerackers » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:22 am

Indeed we renamed the plugin to example_plugin.py. Be sure to remove the underscore if you want to use it. And you don't run it, it needs to be run by makehuman since it needs the environment to work, as it is a plugin or extension to the program. So basically what you do is:

-Remove the underscore
-Do you modifications
-Start makehuman and the plugin should appear within makehuman.
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Postby jcapco » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:47 pm

what's a NUG?
jcapco

Postby KPM » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:21 pm

Argggggh! I was so deep into the forest I could not see the trees. After a paradigm shift on my part based on your feedback: success.

NUG. New (Nu) Guy (G). This is the first term that I picked up many years ago. It has since evolved into more terms: noob, newbie, and newb.
NUGosity. Nugosity is the mindset of the newbie, complete with all of the misconceptions.

Thanks for the feedback.

Keith
KPM

Postby RobBaer » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:22 pm

alex0809 wrote:How can I mimic CGI form submission (METHOD=POST)? I would like to retrieve web pages that are the result of posting a form. Is there existing code that would let me do this easily?

This does not seem related to MakeHuman. Could you provide a connection?
RobBaer

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:34 pm

Probably some spam bot with defective AI. :mrgreen:
Aranuvir

Return to Newbies