colors

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

colors

Postby lindasoriginals » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:00 am

Success in importing MakeHuman to Blender, but colors for skin , eyes and eyebrows does not come with the figure. Appreciate your help.
Thanks. With kindest regards
Linda web lindasoriginals.ca
lindasoriginals

Re: colors

Postby joepal » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:18 am

My guess is that you tried to make a collada import directly to cycles. If not, please specify what formats and modes you used. Blender's collada importer has a somewhat shaky support for cycles.

For collada import, it's more convenient to start with an empty blend in "blender render" mode, import the model, and then switch to cycles. This way you get the materials converted in an approximate manner. You will still need to touch up things a bit in regards to the materials, but at least the basics are there.

Do the touch-up as needed, including any desired mesh modifications. Assign everything (hair, eyes, body, rig...) to a new group "mytoon", then save the file as a separate blend.

Then in your primary blend, go to file->append, navigate to the toon blend -> groups and choose the "mytoon" entry.

This way you can re-use a touched-up toon in multiple scenes without having to start over each time.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Aranuvir » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi Joel,

just tried to import a model, exported with r1958, to blender 2.75a internal render, via collada. The textures were not applied automatically and I had to load them manually. Did I miss something, or is this an issue? Could you re-evaluate this matter?
Aranuvir

Postby joepal » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Works for me using 1957 against 2.75:

texture.png

Note that for textures with an alpha channel, you might need to manually add transparency/alpha to the material (the collada importer in blender doesn't do this automatically). This is often a problem with the eyes for example.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby Aranuvir » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:14 pm

Feeling like a noob, now. Here is what Blender tells me:

[...]
    Reloading maketarget v 1.1.0
    pose.py reloaded
    MakeTarget loaded
    Loading MakeWalk
    Image not found: /young_lightskinned_female_diffuse.png.
    Image not found: /braid01_diffuse.png.
    Image not found: /brown_eye.png.
    Image not found: /eyebrow001.png.
    Image not found: /eyelashes04.png.
    Image not found: /teeth.png.
    Image not found: /tongue01_diffuse.png.
    Couldn't find an image by UID.
    Writing node id='MakeHuman default skeleton', name='test_female'
    Writing node id='root', name='root'
    [...]

Is this an OS issue?
Aranuvir

Postby Aranuvir » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:24 pm

And problem solved. When exporting via collada, there is a subfolder created, named "textures" for the same. After copying these textures from the "texture-folder"to the same hierarchy level as the .dae-file, the textures are correctly imported to Blender.
Aranuvir

Postby duststorm » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:06 pm

Aranuvir wrote:And problem solved. When exporting via collada, there is a subfolder created, named "textures" for the same. After copying these textures from the "texture-folder"to the same hierarchy level as the .dae-file, the textures are correctly imported to Blender.

Is this a bug?
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Aranuvir » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:51 pm

Hi Duststorm,

I'm not sure if it is a bug. Primarily it seems to be a Linux problem, or a problem on my system. I opened a bug report (#934) and had a discussion with Rob Baer about it. I don't have further ideas atm. Perhaps you could have a look.
Aranuvir

Postby joepal » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:16 pm

Are you using a distro packaged blender? Ubuntu for example does some funky stuff with opencollada.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby Aranuvir » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:15 pm

joepal wrote:Are you using a distro packaged blender? Ubuntu for example does some funky stuff with opencollada.

No, just downloaded the latest official build from blender.org, i.e. 275a, and unzipped it to a custom folder, no installation. This shouldn't matter, I hope.
If I remember correctly, the funky stuff with opencollada on ubuntu's blender build was, that collada wasn't integrated into blender :D. Checking my package management system I found a python-collada package, but I don't think I need to install it for export, do I?
Aranuvir

Next

Return to Newbies