How to properly make that pose?

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

How to properly make that pose?

Postby monele » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:58 pm

Hello everyone!

The first pose I wanted to try turned out rather difficult... The idea is to have the person's hands on her hips. I went for an open fist but a closed fist would work too. Here's the result with all the modifiers used :

As you can see, I had to use multiple "red spot" modifiers which, as I understand it, is a big "no-no" :oops: It's obvious why when looking at it from the side :

I tried doing it again tonight, without mixing red spot modifiers... but I don't get it. Most modifiers bring the arm close to the body, and none of them seem to allow for the right angle so the hand can touch the hip while the arm is bent. Have I missed a very obvious solution or is it just that there's no right modifier for this case?
monele

Re: How to properly make that pose?

Postby pistacja » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:03 pm

I had a problem like that too.

Try mixing collar parameters (ROT3=-15) with upper arm parameters (ROT_ADJUST0 =-30, ROT_ADJUST1=-20, ROT_ADJUST2=-28, ROT_BASE6=75). It's not perfect but maybe you can work it out from there.
This post was made thanks to Me, Myself and I.
pistacja

Postby monele » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:49 pm

It's close, but it still makes you want to add a dozen more degrees here and there to reach the correct position.

Something strange : for ROT3, I can't go below -10, for ROT_ADJUST0, limit is -20. This last one is the one I wish could go further in the negatives. As it is, you can only get the hand to hover slightly in front of the body.
Trying it with my own body, it *does* seem like ROT_ADJUST0 shouldn't go below -20... yet, I can do something with my arm that makes it go further down... I wonder what it is...
monele

Postby pistacja » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:23 pm

ROT3 should be +15 not -15 (it does go only to -10) and ROT_ADJUST0 =-20. My Bad. :oops:
This post was made thanks to Me, Myself and I.
pistacja

Postby monele » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:07 am

Oohhh, this combination looks pretty good! I'll try to work from there to get more variations but that's a big step forward already ^_^ Thanks a lot!
monele

Return to Newbies