The naked man, Collada and Blender?

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

The naked man, Collada and Blender?

Postby kenny_lex » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:57 pm

I needed a human to a 3D model of my apartment, so I did test the Make Human. My goal is to just make a dummy that will represent me, so as the first test I did was to export the model and my eye fell on the collada format. After that did I import it to Blender and I saw that the model had a skeleton (rigging), but how dos I use this in the simplest way to make the model sit on a soffa?

And how do I get some simple cloth for the model, just so simple that the model do not looks totally nude?
kenny_lex

Re: The naked man, Collada and Blender?

Postby Shaba1 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:31 pm

Kenny you are talking about two very complicated problems.
Well they are not all that complicated but its not like someone can tell you have to do it it 30 seconds.

For sitting you need to know how to pose the mesh. Do a search on the net for blender,armatures,pose.

For clothing you need to make it yourself and put it on the mesh. Do a search for blender,Makehuman,clothes or Blender,shrinkwarp.

Btw it is always best to search the net for your answer before you just come in and ask somone how to do it.
Shaba1

Re: The naked man, Collada and Blender?

Postby kenny_lex » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:47 pm

My friend did help me with the clothing, and he did just painted underwear and a tight t-shirt on the model. I shall soon do it better and also try to do some bump maps for seams and folding in the cloth.
kenny_lex

Return to Newbies