Custom poses help

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Custom poses help

Postby Twinmum » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:36 am

Hi,
I hope someone can help me before I tear my hair out lol. I want to print small dollhouse dolls. I've done this in the past with just the inbuilt poses but I want to create some custom poses. I haven't used Makehuman or Blender for some time, so I decided to remove both and install the latest version of each. I've looked up tutorial videos and found a couple that were really easy to follow - as in take this file and put it in this folder then click here... and so on. The only problem is that the latest video I found was still 4 years old and some things have changed and I'm not sure what direction to head in next. The closest I've come is by doing the following:

I took a default toon in MH and added a default rig
I exported that as a collada file
I imported that file to blender, checking the armature options.
Put view to texture, clicked on the rig and checked the in front in the viewpoint display.
I moved a few limbs around and exported it as a bvh file making sure to only grab one frame
I moved that bvh file into makehuman/data/poses
When I go back into MH, and go to poses, there is a button with the new pose, but when I try to apply it, I get a message "The pose file cannot be loaded. it uses a different rig than MakeHuman's default rig." I also tried using the default rig without toes but still get the same result. I have searched for an answer and I am at the point that I think I'm just going around in circles.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction or take my hand and give me step by step instructions (I wonder if I'm getting too old to absorb new technology lol)

TIA
Norma
Twinmum

Re: Custom poses help

Postby tomcat » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:10 am

Twinmum wrote:When I go back into MH, and go to poses, there is a button with the new pose, but when I try to apply it, I get a message "The pose file cannot be loaded. it uses a different rig than MakeHuman's default rig."

Here's an instruction manual for creating poses.

Are you sure you assigned a "default" skeleton to the MH model?
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Postby Twinmum » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:11 pm

tomcat wrote:Here's an instruction manual for creating poses.

Yes, I have followed that workflow with the exception of the folder location (I don't have a v-1 folder) And yes, I am sure that I selected a default rig - I tries a couple of times with both the default rigs
Twinmum

Postby tomcat » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:31 pm

Twinmum wrote:
tomcat wrote:Yes, I have followed that workflow with the exception of the folder location (I don't have a v-1 folder) And yes, I am sure that I selected a default rig - I tries a couple of times with both the default rigs

I tested and did everything according to the instructions. I did it:

new_pose_blend.jpg

new_pose_mh.jpg
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Postby RobBaer » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:34 pm

Twinmum wrote:
tomcat wrote:Here's an instruction manual for creating poses.

Yes, I have followed that workflow with the exception of the folder location (I don't have a v-1 folder) And yes, I am sure that I selected a default rig - I tries a couple of times with both the default rigs

You should have a v1py3 folder if you are using the latest makehuman version.
RobBaer

Return to Newbies