Help understanding rig options

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Re: Help understanding rig options

Postby MatCreator » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:39 am

mh-test-vid1.mp4
(4.24 MiB) Downloaded 98 times

again, i dont know or do animation at all, but id like to have the right toolset should i go that route. i made that exporting an fbx from mh w/ the cmu rig, as i was only playing around i was somewhat shocked that it was "accepted" by reallusions 3dxchange program, which is something like a tool that allows you to retarget outside figures to reallusions joint set up so that the figure can utilize its animation system. in the forums there, there are "enough" makehuman users to merit some kind of ease to this process, which is better demonstrated here (be warned, the kid is so cute you want to make a keychain out of him):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWejESkENLA&t=1285s

that only shows the process one goes thru w/ makehuman and the reallusion toolset. its a lot =(

my set up didnt go thru the process of hands and face (for visemes/expressions), but nonetheless, saving profiles does not work, so a makehuman user would have to go thru this for every generated character. im really hoping the reallusions blender auto-convert option will apply to makehuman figures in some degree, that would be very nice. there are HUNDREDS of videos showing peoples process, but it seems streamlines into their workflow and toolset.

for now, im just trying to get some kind of library of starter poses to work from as i do my still imagery. i have to admit, posing in cascadeur is sweet, very simple and str8 4ward... however, as far as being able to extract a .bvh file for use in makehuman, seems you need to shake the money tree, or maybe i was not able to find the feature?!?
MatCreator

Re: Help understanding rig options

Postby tomcat » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:45 am

MatCreator wrote:... however, as far as being able to extract a .bvh file for use in makehuman, seems you need to shake the money tree, or maybe i was not able to find the feature?!?

The free version has limitations:
Export max 300 frames and 120 joints limit

Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Previous

Return to Newbies