Missing assets

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Missing assets

Postby alecjames » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:01 am

(mh 1.1.1 on win10 x64)

I tried to download some of the pre-made models from Assets, e.g. redheadedwoman. Both of the models that I tried appear in the file chooser with no image and a superimposed question mark.

I think this means that one or more dependant assets is missing?

Is this question mark in file chooser described in the documentation?
Is there a way to discover which assets are missing?
Is there a way to automatically download all the missing assets in one operation?

redheadedwoman causes mh to momentarily show an exception. I found it in the log file:

[2019-08-18 08:38:11,822] log.py->warning():119 -- WARNING -- Exception during event onFileSelected
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "core\events3d.py", line 211, in callEvent
File "apps\gui\guiload.py", line 102, in onFileSelected
File "core\mhmain.py", line 375, in loadHumanMHM
File "apps\human.py", line 1480, in load
File "apps\human.py", line 1399, in _compare_versions
File "re.py", line 141, in match
TypeError: expected string or buffer

Is this because of a missing asset or is the file broken?
alecjames

Re: Missing assets

Postby Aranuvir » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:37 am

Hard to say what's going wrong here. Honestly MH 1.1.1 is ancient code. Even if it's called Alpha, I'd recommend to go with this version: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Releases:120a3, the code is quite stable.
The issue will probably get a "Won't fix", except it also appears in the recent build. In that case, please post a link to the asset in question, too, for further investigations...
Aranuvir

Postby RobBaer » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:07 pm

alecjames wrote:(mh 1.1.1 on win10 x64)

I tried to download some of the pre-made models from Assets, e.g. redheadedwoman. Both of the models that I tried appear in the file chooser with no image and a superimposed question mark.

I think this means that one or more dependant assets is missing?

Is this question mark in file chooser described in the documentation?
Is there a way to discover which assets are missing?
Is there a way to automatically download all the missing assets in one operation?

redheadedwoman causes mh to momentarily show an exception. I found it in the log file:

[2019-08-18 08:38:11,822] log.py->warning():119 -- WARNING -- Exception during event onFileSelected
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "core\events3d.py", line 211, in callEvent
File "apps\gui\guiload.py", line 102, in onFileSelected
File "core\mhmain.py", line 375, in loadHumanMHM
File "apps\human.py", line 1480, in load
File "apps\human.py", line 1399, in _compare_versions
File "re.py", line 141, in match
TypeError: expected string or buffer

Is this because of a missing asset or is the file broken?

The question mark typically just means there is no associate thumbnail image, for example if the author didn't bother to create one. It does not necessarily relate to the file not loading. The version issues relate to the fact that changes to slider behavior are being simulated to provide as much backwards compatibility as possible.

My guess is that the type error is a coding error which we didn't quite fix when moving from python 2 to python 3 because this section of code is rarely used any more. If the asset is compiled you might try deleting the compiled files and recompiling.
RobBaer

Postby MTKnife » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:36 am

I assume that model uses the new materials posted at the same time. One or two of those materials won't download in the asset plugin because the author used the same names for them as existing assets. I've been meaning to post a corrected version, but never gotten around to it (likewise for one of Elv's hair materials, which has a flag set wrong).
MTKnife

Return to Newbies