Black Eyes?

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Black Eyes?

Postby DS1979 » Thu May 29, 2014 1:02 am

Hi, I'm new to MakeHuman and really don't know what I'm doing quite yet. When I open the program the default character has black eyes, I go to materials and select the color I want but they remain black. Is there anther step I'm missing? Thanks for any help!
DS1979

Re: Black Eyes?

Postby duststorm » Thu May 29, 2014 1:27 am

Enable transparency rendering for the eyes object, and sample it from the alpha channel of the diffuse eye texture.
Or choose the low poly eyes from the geometries > eyes library in makehuman before exporting.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby DS1979 » Thu May 29, 2014 9:49 pm

How do I do that? I don't see that feature on any of the toolbars.
DS1979

Postby crankyjoe » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:57 pm

DS1979 wrote:How do I do that? I don't see that feature on any of the toolbars.

Is it right to assume that this is a problem coming up after importing the character to Blender (MHX)?

if so, then you need to look to the material settings for the eyes. then you can follow the good advise listed above.
crankyjoe

Postby duststorm » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:40 pm

The eye cornea texture is black, but transparent. If it shows up as black in your renderer, it means that renderer is ignoring the alpha channel of the png texture file. Configure the material and renderer to enable alpha transparency.

Or export the MakeHuman mesh with low poly eyes. They don't require transparency. Your choice...
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Black Eyes?

Postby Joverse » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:01 pm

can u pliz tell how to fix the black eyes, the answers you are giving to the first guy are hard to understand pliz explain
Joverse

Postby RobBaer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Joverse wrote:can u pliz tell how to fix the black eyes, the answers you are giving to the first guy are hard to understand pliz explain

In what program are your eyes unexpectedly black?

If it is Blender, and it is an alpha channel problem as Duststorm surmises, this Wiki might give you some details: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... to_Blender . There are some parallel explanations for some other programs in other sections of the same page.
RobBaer

Return to Newbies