A realitic vagina

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: A realitic vagina

Postby Manuel » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:10 am

mmnissanzroadster9 wrote:I haven't seen any updates on this project, is it coming out soon?

It's in the nightly build. Alternative topologies->adult female
Manuel

Postby Fred Astair » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:28 am

Manuel wrote:
mmnissanzroadster9 wrote:I haven't seen any updates on this project, is it coming out soon?

It's in the nightly build. Alternative topologies->adult female

I noticed that it is in the wrong position. Will that eventually be fixed?
Right now it has the same orientation of a penis - pointing forward.

A vagina points straight down when a woman is standing, although because it has a curve at the front, it appears to sort of be pointing forward (a little bit) when shes' standing, but the main part of it points straight down at the ground and it is much closer to the anus because it is behind the pelvic bone, and inline with the vaginal canal.

It is also supposed to be much closer to the anus. Looking straight on when she's standing, it looks sort of believable (a bit) , but if you shift the view to look up from the bottom between her legs you see there is a five inch gap between the vagina and the anus, and it should be about half an inch. You can see that there is a bulge where it should be, but it's obvious that it is located several inches forward of the bulge. If you tilt the model around a bit whilst looking up at her, especially from the lower front, it becomes very obvious that it has been placed more like a penis than a vagina.

As it is currently, the models can't be used to create medical or birth procedure animations because it is anatomically incorrect. (A baby would be coming out through the pelvic bone)

Other than that, the vagina itself is very well done.
Fred Astair

Postby Manuel » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:57 am

Fixed. The new file is already in the assets repo and should be available tomorrow, in the nightly build.
It still doesn't work in pose mode (it will be fixed in next weeks).

old_female_genital02.png

new_female_genital02.png
Manuel

Postby Fred Astair » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:11 am

Manuel wrote:Fixed. The new file is already in the assets repo and should be available tomorrow, in the nightly build.

old_female_genital02.png

new_female_genital02.png

Wow, you're the man. That was very fast. I tried fixing it with MakeTarget but I ended up with the model growing weird spikes out of her head when I'd move the slider :)
I finally decided it was not something that I could figure out how to fix.
Thanks for fixing this.
Fred Astair

Postby Fred Astair » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:17 pm

Manuel wrote:Fixed. The new file is already in the assets repo and should be available tomorrow, in the nightly build.

old_female_genital02.png

new_female_genital02.png

I just downloaded the nightly (April 17 2015) and nothing has changed. It's still the old way.
I looked last night and the latest version available was for 15 April and this morning the 17 April was available, so I downloaded it, but it is the exact same version (R1773), so only the release date has changed.
Fred Astair

Postby Manuel » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:31 pm

Fred Astair wrote:
I just downloaded the nightly (April 17 2015) and nothing has changed. It's still the old way.
I looked last night and the latest version available was for 15 April and this morning the 17 April was available, so I downloaded it, but it is the exact same version (R1773), so only the release date has changed.

Due a server problem the nightly build failed yesterday.
Now it's up and the nightly is just updated. See my reply here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11731&p=28217#p28217
Manuel

Postby Fred Astair » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:55 pm

Manuel wrote:
Fred Astair wrote:

Now it's up and the nightly is just updated. See my reply here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11731&p=28217#p28217

I just looked and the nightly build directory is now completely empty of everything. There is nothing at all to download.
I downloaded the files from the link you provided, but when I click on Makehuman.exe it flashes quickly on the screen as if it's about to load, and then disappears and nothing happens. Are these files the ones for Windows?
Fred Astair

Postby Fred Astair » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:05 pm

Manuel wrote:
Fred Astair wrote:

I'm trying again just in case I mixed them up with yesterdays download...
Fred Astair

Postby Fred Astair » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:28 pm

Ok, I've got it :)

I guess it was still uploading while I was downloading and what I got the first time was only 21megs.

Works fine and looks great. It looks like you've got it all correct now. Hopefully it poses correctly :)
Fred Astair

Postby Manuel » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:27 am

Fred Astair wrote:Hopefully it poses correctly :)

Not yet.
In order to work with extreme poses (like the fight kick pose), I must add a weight file designed specifically for it.
But atm it should be acceptable for standing poses and so on.
Manuel

PreviousNext

Return to User contributions