A realitic vagina

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: A realitic vagina

Postby duststorm » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:49 am

Fred Astair wrote:that message at the bottom of the screen appears for about 2 seconds and then disappears.

Can you send us the log file containing that message, as explained in the link Manuel posted?
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby duststorm » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:53 am

Aranuvir wrote:I had similar problems with loading files created in MH newer than 1.0.2

Note that we do not provide support for MHM files saved with unstable releases of MakeHuman.
That means, that if the latest nightly is not able to load files saved with 1.0.0, 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 release, then yes that is a bug and we will fix it.
But we know that the latest nightly will not load MHM files saved with an unstable version of, say, about a month ago. There is also no intention of fixing this.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:45 pm

Thanks for telling me again. As I said above I was just too stupid to read #627/13! BTW the latest stable version is one year old and I guess there are a many users who tried out the nightly builds. All of them will run in to trouble reusing their old models.
By changing the version string I managed to restore my models and started some testing. There were some errors. I know these errors are probably due to a version newer than 1.0.2, but I dare to post them anyway:

No 1.0 -> 1.1 mapping found for modifier armslegs/r-lowerleg-muscle-decr|incr
No 1.0 -> 1.1 mapping found for modifier armslegs/l-upperleg-skinny|fat
Unknown modifier specified in MHM file: armslegs/l-upperleg-skinny|fat
No 1.0 -> 1.1 mapping found for modifier armslegs/l-upperarm-muscle-decr|incr
No 1.0 -> 1.1 mapping found for modifier armslegs/r-upperleg-muscle-decr|incr
No 1.0 -> 1.1 mapping found for modifier armslegs/r-upperarm-shoulder-muscle-decr|incr
No 1.0 -> 1.1 mapping found for modifier armslegs/r-upperleg-skinny|fat
Unknown modifier specified in MHM file: armslegs/r-upperleg-skinny|fat
No 1.0 -> 1.1 mapping found for modifier armslegs/r-lowerarm-muscle-decr|incr
No 1.0 -> 1.1 mapping found for modifier armslegs/r-upperarm-muscle-decr|incr
No 1.0 -> 1.1 mapping found for modifier armslegs/l-upperleg-muscle-decr|incr
No 1.0 -> 1.1 mapping found for modifier armslegs/l-upperarm-shoulder-muscle-decr|incr
No 1.0 -> 1.1 mapping found for modifier armslegs/l-lowerleg-muscle-decr|incr
No 1.0 -> 1.1 mapping found for modifier armslegs/l-lowerarm-muscle-decr|incr

Further more: stomach muscular tone needs to be swapped. Same problem to head shape oval and round.
Aranuvir

Postby duststorm » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:43 pm

Aranuvir wrote:the latest stable version is one year old and I guess there are a many users who tried out the nightly builds. All of them will run in to trouble reusing their old models.

We have never lied about the unstable testing status of those.
They are interesting to test the latest development status of MH, but if you're relying on stable support, you really should be using stable releases. The development builds can change significantly from one day to the other, and it's impossible to guarantee anything in terms of consistency. Testing the unstable builds basically means putting up with the quirks of continued development and interations towards what we can consider another stable version.
It is impossible for us to gracefully handle all the changes between two development versions.

Aranuvir wrote:By changing the version string I managed to restore my models and started some testing. There were some errors

Yes, MHM files of a week ago will no longer load correctly. Nothing we can do about it.

Aranuvir wrote:Further more: stomach muscular tone needs to be swapped. Same problem to head shape oval and round.

This should be fixed with the latest revisions.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Manuel » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:25 pm

It should be fixed with this: https://bitbucket.org/MakeHuman/makehum ... 7812b84ff/

Aranuvir wrote:
Same problem to head shape oval and round.

I don't see the problem here. Right side --> Increase the feature (Oval, Round etc), Left side decrease the feature.
Manuel

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:52 pm

Hi Duststorm,

my apologizes, it was never my intention to blame you for the unstable status or not working models. If the old models are not working anymore, that's a pity, but I can live with it. By the way I would never expect support for free software, that is developed by volunteers.

Just a suggestion for a partial fix to the problem. Loading my old models via the 1.0.2-mapping by changing the version string in the mhm-file produced quite acceptable results. I suppose, adding the few new sliders created since release of MH 1.0.2 until e.g. may 2015 to the mapping doesn't make to much work. The big problem is that it is impossible to decide whether the mhm-file created with a nightly build should be treated like a version 1.0.2-file or a version 1.1.0-file. This is left to the responsibility of the nightly user, who must change the version string by hand.

@Manuel:

I'm not sure about the issue with the face sliders. As I said above I ran the test with a not supported model from the nightly. So my observation may not be relevant. The model I tried to load initially had a more oval shaped face. After loading with the new MH-version, the face turned to be more round.
Aranuvir

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:30 pm

@Manuel again

tested the model with r1926 again, and can't reproduce the round face issue. Either the problem was on my side or solved with a newer revision.
Aranuvir

Postby Manuel » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:48 pm

Aranuvir wrote:
By the way I would never expect support for free software, that is developed by volunteers.

Just two words here.
It's not matter of "free software" vs "commercial software", where the latter has apparently a better support for users, or where the former is apparently less professional.
The difference is that in "commercial software" they use the "closed development model" where simply you CAN'T access to their unstable version.
Their betatester is a restricted group of selected people, and you, as simple final user ARE NOT INVOLVED in that process.
You can only access to their final, STABLE version, so obviously there is no risk that you use something unstable.

Aranuvir wrote: After loading with the new MH-version, the face turned to be more round.

This is weird because we have not touched these targets. The stomach tone is now fixed: https://bitbucket.org/MakeHuman/makehum ... 3e4cc3c47/
Manuel

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:02 pm

When I said I don't expect to get support, I just meant, if I ask a question and get a respond, I'm happy. If I report a bug or make a suggestion and it finds its way to the program, that's great to me. But I will never be upset if this doesn't happen to whatever reason, or if something is not working. So I'm glad if I get support, but I do not have the right to demand it.

Manuel wrote:This is weird because we have not touched these targets. The stomach tone is now fixed: https://bitbucket.org/MakeHuman/makehum ... 3e4cc3c47/

This was just a quick impression to me, and I didn't do thorough testings. And as I posted before the issue seems to be solved anyway.
There was a change to the vertical head scale mapping, if I understand the commits correctly. At least changing the vertical head scale slider lets me reproduce the different impression of roundness.

As of r1927 file loading works mostly as expected to me. Of course I have to do further testing. There might be fine tuning issues. And perhaps you could ad mapping for the leg, arm and shoulder muscles.
Aranuvir

Postby Manuel » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Fred Astair wrote:Based upon these photos, it looks like you've returned to that 4 inch spacing between the anus and the vagina.

I forget that I already fixed this long time ago, just after posting the images in the post above:
new_vagina.png

Aranuvir wrote:And perhaps you could ad mapping for the leg, arm and shoulder muscles.

What do you mean? They should be already mapped from 1.0 to 1.1. Do you notice some problems with old models?
(in that case better to post some screenshots in the issue, here we are out of topic).
Manuel

PreviousNext

Return to User contributions