Edit:FoudAlpha 8 rig export, how to export with xonotic rig

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Edit:FoudAlpha 8 rig export, how to export with xonotic rig

Postby Animations4 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:19 pm

Edit: Found in Pose/Animate > Skeleton

How does one export with the xonotic rig in alpha 8, I can't find the option in the menu (but no options come up usually in export now for skel export), I see it in the svn tree, do I set it in a config file like the older makehumans?

Binary file plugins/3_libraries_skeleton/maintab.pyc matches
plugins/3_libraries_skeleton/skeletonlibrary.py: descr = self.amtOptions.loadPreset("xonotic", self.optionsSelector)
Animations4

Re: Edit:FoudAlpha 8 rig export, how to export with xonotic

Postby ThomasL » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:55 am

It's in the Pose/Animate > Skeleton tab. No sure if this is the best placement though, since rig choice is very similar to geometry choice. But then again, a rig is not geometry.

I would be interested to know if it works. AFAIK, nobody has actually tested the Xonotic rig with Xonotic.
Attachments
xono.png
ThomasL

Postby Manuel » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:20 am

ThomasL wrote:It's in the Pose/Animate > Skeleton tab. No sure if this is the best placement though, since rig choice is very similar to geometry choice. But then again, a rig is not geometry.

I would be interested to know if it works. AFAIK, nobody has actually tested the Xonotic rig with Xonotic.

Indeed. Maybe we can move it in Geometry-->skeleton, since the skeleton is not a pose or an animation.

A note. As planned in our roadmap, the GUI will be unified as in the mockup below.
image09.png
Manuel

Postby duststorm » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:01 pm

ThomasL wrote:I would be interested to know if it works. AFAIK, nobody has actually tested the Xonotic rig with Xonotic.

I did some work on the MD5 exporter some time ago, when communicating with Patrick who was experimenting with it.
But I have not heard from him in a while.

In fact he was looking into converting the MD5 mesh into xonotic's improved IQM format as well.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Return to User contributions