Height and Weight

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Height and Weight

Postby duststorm » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:28 pm

Interesting, I will have this one a go.
If this proves an interesting feature for others and the code integrates well we will consider including it in MH, in some form of another ;)

By the way, I got permission from Marco, the researcher I collaborated with on weight estimation, to publish the plugin that estimates the body weight using different heuristics. It' s code is available on our experimental plugin repository: https://bitbucket.org/MakeHuman/makehum ... at=default
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Re: Height and Weight

Postby jujube » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:16 am

I'm bringing this topic back from the dead, with updated code. I don't even remember who's code it was that I modified, it's been a while, but thank you for writing it. So earlier this year I took code from this thread and updated it to work with the then-current version of makehuman (dated june 16.) I was going to post this a lot earlier but, well, procrastination hit me.

I stuck code in there from the example plugin to figure out how coding works, and I haven't removed it yet it so just ignore the "this button has been hit x times." More importantly though, I couldn't get the volume/surface area estimations to work so instead I outsourced it. You have to export your model to blender, use the 3d print toolbox plugin that comes with it to get the volume and surface area, and then go back to makehuman and manually enter the values. But it does work.

I'm pretty sure I had some sort of problem with the whitespace characters so I'm putting it in pastebin, it feels safer.

http://pastebin.com/rGuNdCM2
jujube

Previous

Return to User contributions